I have too much stuff

Recording Techniques, People Skills, Gear, Recording Spaces, Computers, and DIY

Moderators: drumsound, tomb

hammertime
re-cappin' neve

Post by hammertime » Mon Nov 20, 2006 10:55 pm

Christ, this forum is turning into a total waste of time, with clowns like you who have no personality or sense of humor, and just continually post about the same stupid shit, like which 50 dollar preamp with the exact same components is better, or which ribbon mic manufactured in the exact same chinese factory is a must have, or how you need some stupid gadget that's going to make your crappy music sound better. I didn't even read your stupid thread, you worthless butt-dart. Maybe you can pull your dick out of that Garges dude's butt for a while. I'm not wasting time here anymore. You guys are worthles. Goodbye (this time for real, because I'm too busy to waste time on you). Later.
Gentleman Jim wrote:Wow, where to start? I guess I'll start with the combination of your decision to be the biggest a-hole on the board, then your announcement that you're not going to have a computer for a while. So the position is going to be opening up... maybe I'll apply. So here goes:

Hey you dingleberry, go stick your head in the oven. Your board name is even stupider than mine, and most people here wouldn't help you if you had a flat tire in the rain. How does that make you feel, huh?

Hmm... that's the best I can do and I don't think it's nearly harsh enough. I suppose I'll never get to be the biggest a-hole on tapeop.com

So on to the actual topic, you wretched hippie-felating bag of negativity:

There's a thing on Yahoo called FreeCycle. It's divided up into local regions and you can list stuff that you're looking to give away to a good home. My wife does it here in NJ and today she unloaded about 4 or 5 big ol' boxes of baby toys to people who were super happy to get it. I would think that an older computer would be really useful to someone who has kids; for cd-rom games and the like. Heck, that P4 2.4 gHz isn't that far outside the realm of what's for sale still. You could really make some young kid's holiday/birthday with that stuff.

Jim

syrupcore
deaf.

Post by syrupcore » Mon Nov 20, 2006 11:24 pm

I can't decide which is better 'hippie-felating' or 'butt-dart'.

dirk_v
pushin' record

Post by dirk_v » Tue Nov 21, 2006 1:29 am

hahaha.

seriously, though. nasty thread.
"lattes are stupid anyway. coffee, like leather pants, should always be black." -MoreSpaceEcho
www.dirkvanderwal.com

chovie d
suffering 'studio suck'

Post by chovie d » Tue Nov 21, 2006 8:58 am

wheres the free gear at? :roll:

yeah man, im moving too. Been to the dump five times already. Some of the shit i threw out was still in boxes from the last time I moved 5 years ago. Paid to have it moved it across the country, paid to store it for five years and eventually paid again for the priviledge of throwing it on a scrap heap. Thats life I guess...c'est la vie neska pas?I'd like to just start all over with a pair of pants and a shirt...and a bong...and my tv...aw fuck it....
me make purty musick!

JASIII
george martin

Post by JASIII » Tue Nov 21, 2006 11:33 am

I'd always dreamed this day would come.....

you can't touch this.....

trodden
on a wing and a prayer

Post by trodden » Tue Nov 21, 2006 2:03 pm

JASIII wrote:I'd always dreamed this day would come.....

you can't touch this.....
want some cocaine?

wedge
tinnitus

Post by wedge » Tue Nov 21, 2006 7:11 pm

BTW, where's the moderator on this thread?!? Hammertoe's spit out some doozies, and not even one "tisk-tisk" from a moderator... I've seen a lot less get a wrist slap. Make's me wonder if hammerhead's actually a tapop operator in drag... He always seems to get his licks in with no repurcussions or even a warning... wierd... Well, if he really is gone for good now, at least I have no more desire for the "block poster" function for tapeop.com...

kayagum
ghost haunting audio students

Post by kayagum » Tue Nov 21, 2006 7:32 pm

We'll see him in six months. Enjoy the silence!

Gentleman Jim
buyin' a studio

Post by Gentleman Jim » Tue Nov 21, 2006 8:16 pm

I'd just like to point out that I was making a joke. If MC Hammer missed it, maybe some others did as well. If I offended, I sincerely apologize.

I wonder if Letterman still has that satellite apology booth thing hooked up...

traveen
pluggin' in mics

Post by traveen » Tue Nov 21, 2006 10:59 pm

There are few days that I learn a new word, even fewer that I learn a few insults. Today is a good day. I haven't laughed that hard all week.

But on topic, I'm going through a bunch of stuff too.. just too many things left over from the old band or younger days.. just sitting collecting dust. I'm not moving but it's got to go..

Craigslist looks cool.. I'm kind of sick of ebay even though I've had decent success on there as both buyer and seller. My problem is I always seem to trade things, so I get rid of something and then get something back.
syrupcore wrote:I can't decide which is better 'hippie-felating' or 'butt-dart'.

bt fraser
ass engineer

Post by bt fraser » Wed Nov 22, 2006 12:05 am

Wow, being a long time reader and occasional lurker on this board it astounds me that you people manage to get so off track.

When was the last time you actually did something creative? I'm not talking about coming up with a zingy little comeback on the internerd.

Really, why does this stuff have to get so personal? I'd really like to know.

trodden
on a wing and a prayer

Post by trodden » Wed Nov 22, 2006 4:02 am

bt fraser wrote:Wow, being a long time reader and occasional lurker on this board it astounds me that you people manage to get so off track.

When was the last time you actually did something creative? I'm not talking about coming up with a zingy little comeback on the internerd.

Really, why does this stuff have to get so personal? I'd really like to know.
unfortunately i have a day job where i have to stare at a computer screen all day, which allows plenty of time for nonsense.

whats wrong with off track?

where are my glasses?

allbaldo
pushin' record

Post by allbaldo » Wed Nov 22, 2006 5:58 am

syrupcore wrote:I can't decide which is better 'hippie-felating' or 'butt-dart'.

Agreed!

wedge
tinnitus

Post by wedge » Wed Nov 22, 2006 8:24 pm

Personally, I prefer butt-dart...

RefD
on a wing and a prayer

Post by RefD » Wed Nov 22, 2006 9:01 pm

wedge wrote:Personally, I prefer butt-dart...
sounds painful, tho.

especially if the darter scores a bullseye.
?What need is there to weep over parts of life? The whole of it calls for tears.? -- Seneca