Reason and Cubase

Recording Techniques, People Skills, Gear, Recording Spaces, Computers, and DIY

Moderators: drumsound, tomb

dgerch
ass engineer

Reason and Cubase

Post by dgerch » Fri Nov 24, 2006 12:14 am

Yet another novice question... Bear with me.

I'm having trouble getting my Cubase to Integrate with Reason. Basically I've got a bunch of audio tracks in Cubase (my song) and I want to integrate the Reason drum set into that session.

I open up the devices panel in cubase and click on reason and set the rewire (which I have no idea what it is) to the Left and Right bus. Then I open up reason to get the drum kit and at that point I'm lost.

To make matters worse, when I press the playback on cubase at this point the time clock is all screwed up and all my audio is totally out of time with itself and the click.

At any rate, I appreciate all the stuff you folks have helped me with up to this point and hope you all had a great thanksgiving!

loveless
alignin' 24-trk

Post by loveless » Fri Nov 24, 2006 4:39 pm

Quick question - did you try opening up Cubase first... THEN Reason after you've activated Reason as a rewire device? It's important to always open your Rewire host (in this case Cubase) first, then open your project and activate the slave (Reason) - This sounds like what's happening, considering it's out of sync.

Don't be ashamed to ask questions (which, I don't think you are!) that's how you learn things... apart from reading the manual.

Let me know if this is the problem.

dgerch
ass engineer

Post by dgerch » Fri Nov 24, 2006 10:46 pm

Thanks!

Yeah, I am opening Cubase before reason. I wish there was a step by step instruction I could get to make it work so I could fully understand the order of operations.

loveless
alignin' 24-trk

Post by loveless » Sat Nov 25, 2006 1:04 am

Are you still having the problem?

dgerch
ass engineer

I actually got it to work

Post by dgerch » Sun Nov 26, 2006 3:23 am

I had to set the cubase tempo to be the same as the reason tempo...

It's odd that it didn't do that automatically.... Thanks for the help though!