Flanger Question

Recording Techniques, People Skills, Gear, Recording Spaces, Computers, and DIY

Moderators: drumsound, tomb

RefD
on a wing and a prayer

Post by RefD » Thu Dec 28, 2006 10:39 pm

jmoose wrote:I'm *shocked* that nobody really mentioned using stompbox or old 12-bit rackmount flangers. Old mxr, korg, even boss and digitech stuff is MAD kool and just way hipper/more believeable then the flangers in this $2000 TC Electronics box at the shop...

Long live lo-fi!
BF-2

:lol:

seriously, tho, my old DeltaLab DDL (8 bits with funky memory handling cos RAM was buggeringly expensive back then) creates the coolest electronically-produced flange effect i have ever heard.

INCLUDING the MXR rack flangers.

sadly, i seldom have a use for flanging...perhaps that will change soon? :o
?What need is there to weep over parts of life? The whole of it calls for tears.? -- Seneca

jmoose
suffering 'studio suck'

Post by jmoose » Mon Jan 01, 2007 12:42 am

heheheh

Would that have been a Compueffectron? I've never had a chance to play with one of those...
J. 'Moose' Kahrs
mixer|producer|audio engineer
www.mooseaudio.net

www.oxidelounge.com

RefD
on a wing and a prayer

Post by RefD » Tue Jan 02, 2007 8:03 pm

jmoose wrote:heheheh

Would that have been a Compueffectron? I've never had a chance to play with one of those...
it's a DeltaLab Super Time Line ADM-2048 (photo is not of mine):

2 seconds of delay time, 4 user memories, switchable envelope follower control of delay time, smoooth LFO with wide range, many rear panel control jacks and patch points (including remote access of memories and an insert for putting other gear into the feedback loop)...

me rikey.

it also happens to do a really superlative flange.
?What need is there to weep over parts of life? The whole of it calls for tears.? -- Seneca

mcsquishytooshy
gettin' sounds

Post by mcsquishytooshy » Thu Jan 04, 2007 11:14 pm

Man, it was one of the first tricks I learn as a dj: matching up two of the same record, and then fucking with the plate or post on one of the 1200s, or even the pitch control, but that wasn't as fun.

The sound just sucked in and out the closer the tracks were in sync; it was great!

I regret not DJing anymore, simply due to lack of funds for new records.