Recommendation for a CD printer?

Recording Techniques, People Skills, Gear, Recording Spaces, Computers, and DIY

Moderators: drumsound, tomb

the riff
takin' a dinner break

Recommendation for a CD printer?

Post by the riff » Thu Jan 04, 2007 2:33 am

I'm looking to get a printer in my studio that I can insert cd's into and print on them. Nothing too fancy, but I'd like something that looks better than writing on them with a sharpie :). Any recommendations?

analogcabin
buyin' gear

Post by analogcabin » Thu Jan 04, 2007 10:06 am

I own an Epson R200 and it works pretty good. The CD print software is real slick too. Epson has some refurbished R340's for $62.00: http://www.epson.com/cgi-bin/Store/cons ... d=63064696

blunderfonics
pushin' record

Post by blunderfonics » Thu Jan 04, 2007 10:07 am

I have an Epson Stylus Photo R200 that is perfectly adequate for most needs. I wouldn't try doing high volumes with it but it's fine for labeling DVD backups and Mix CD's with a little more flair than a marker. It works great with printable media.

nlmd311
tinnitus

Post by nlmd311 » Thu Jan 04, 2007 11:15 am

Another vote for the Epson Stylus Photo R200. I don't think they make that model anymore but I absolutely love mine. I've been trying to find another recently actually because my girlfriend has taken control of it. I've had nothing but awesome print jobs since getting it and did a small run EP all printed on the R200 and the discs looked great. A few people asked where I had them printed and were surprised to find out that it was a consumer-grade printer. I think you'd be happy with any of the CD/DVD printing Epson printers. You might want to look into that Primera Technology water-resistant media Andy Hong wrote about in the issue before the most recent to go along with the printer (www.primera.com).

Let us know what you end up getting.

-Darrill
slowly panning across something kind of crappy...