My Digi 002 rack locked up!!!

Recording Techniques, People Skills, Gear, Recording Spaces, Computers, and DIY

Moderators: drumsound, tomb

renglish5
audio school graduate

My Digi 002 rack locked up!!!

Post by renglish5 » Tue Jan 09, 2007 12:40 pm

I have been using it with out any trouble for a year. Its hooked up to a laptop thru fire wire into a PCMcard . It clicks 3 times then two back to back then locks up, or will click 2x's back to back, then same. Any golden advice? I was going to send to Black Lion Audio, they said power hrness and call digi. Digi won't sell one! HELP! We are/were recording a record?!?!
Thanks
School of Hard Knocks...Masters Program

digitaldrummer
cryogenically thawing

Post by digitaldrummer » Tue Jan 09, 2007 2:23 pm

sounds like the power harness. Why won't digidesign sell you one? or maybe ask them to send one to you (for no charge--but mine was under warranty when it went ka-plooey). It is a KNOWN issue and there are many many many cases well documented on the web. If you push hard enough they might even send it to you overnight (I even got mine w/Saturday delivery-I asked really nice).

If that doesn't work, then get some Caig Deoxit (or similar). Open up that bad boy, find the power harness (big clear/white rectangular thing with all of the colored wires coming from it. Pull it off, spray both sides with deoxit, let it dry, put it back together and see if it works. worth a shot at least. maybe let you continue recording.

Mike
Mike
www.studiodrumtracks.com -- Drum tracks starting at $50!
www.doubledogrecording.com

dogcow
pluggin' in mics

Post by dogcow » Wed Jan 10, 2007 5:22 pm

Yeah, that's the same problem I had with my 002r. I didn't have the new power harness, but I exercised the connectors (pulled them on/off a dozen or so times) and it's run like a champ for a few months.

scottiedoo
gettin' sounds

Post by scottiedoo » Sun Jan 21, 2007 2:09 pm

I had to send mine to digi for giving me "lost connection w/ 002" error messages.. they replaced some digital card (not sure what) but all I know is that it wasn't the typical power harness issue.. if you're serial # ends in G then supposedly you've got the "upgraded" power harness..I would call digi.. they fixed mine for free.