are there any good inexpensive reverb plug-ins for macs?

Recording Techniques, People Skills, Gear, Recording Spaces, Computers, and DIY

Moderators: drumsound, tomb

metaphormixer
alignin' 24-trk

are there any good inexpensive reverb plug-ins for macs?

Post by metaphormixer » Mon Mar 05, 2007 8:13 pm

this question plagues me. pro tools' d-verb just isn't cutting it. i've done some pretty good reamping with some speakers i bought recently, but i need something that sounds like a plate reverb! or at least sounds bigger than the small room i use for reamping. any suggestions?
"all songwriters are links in a chain"

--pete seeger

my link: http://www.myspace.com/willstratton

Quest Poetics
suffering 'studio suck'

Post by Quest Poetics » Tue Mar 06, 2007 1:49 am

Check my user name and look up a post I put up approx. a year ago...If you ever use the pluggo (free) runtime shit there is a free convolution reverb you can use...It's only audiosuite but if you just bounce your "reverb" tracks to a stereo track you can audition and see how it chills in the mix...I sold all my lexicon reverb units because of this...It's really exciting and free!!! There are all kinds of free impulses everywhere...Prettty sick plate impulses from reall sources that sound awesome...

Peace and enjoy...

Like I said just do a user name search w/ my " sound campaign " and you'll see it eventually....

Randy

www.myspace.com/questpoetics
www.rhymeandmelody.com

Podcast where we review gear as well as drop Guitars / Beatboxing / Freestyle rhyme one week and the following episode you hear the fully produced track.

Peace and keep recording!!!

inverseroom
on a wing and a prayer

Post by inverseroom » Tue Mar 06, 2007 7:24 am

mjau
speech impediment

Post by mjau » Tue Mar 06, 2007 7:41 am

inverseroom wrote:http://www.audiodamage.com/product_info ... ucts_id=20

My favorite reverb. $39.
Inverse - Have you tried the ratshack reverb from them? I'm tempted on that one.

A.David.MacKinnon
ears didn't survive the freeze

Post by A.David.MacKinnon » Tue Mar 06, 2007 7:51 am

Sound Campaign wrote:Check my user name and look up a post I put up approx. a year ago...If you ever use the pluggo (free) runtime shit there is a free convolution reverb you can use...
+1 on this. The one i use is called jr_irr. it's a free pluggo for pro tools. There are tons of great free impulses online too. Everything from plates, digital boxes, and springs to real rooms. Also if you're adventurous you can make you own impulses. I made some impulses from one of my favorite drum rooms in the city by recording a single snare shot through a stereo pair of room mics. Once you load the snare WAV into jr_irr it will aply the same reverb characteristics to any audio you feed it.
It only works as an Audio Suite so it takes a bit of trial and error to get what your after but the upside is that you don't have to worry about D-Verb sapping your CPU.

inverseroom
on a wing and a prayer

Post by inverseroom » Tue Mar 06, 2007 8:28 am

mjau wrote:
inverseroom wrote:http://www.audiodamage.com/product_info ... ucts_id=20

My favorite reverb. $39.
Inverse - Have you tried the ratshack reverb from them? I'm tempted on that one.
Every time I buy a plug from them I consider throwing it in the basket. The samples sound amazing!

But then I think I should just buy the real thing for one-third the price... :lol:

nick_a
buyin' gear

Post by nick_a » Tue Mar 06, 2007 9:05 am

fwiw the ratshack reverb is totally sick. sounds really good, and i have one of the hardware ones but the plugin is not as noisy and i don't need to deal with RCA cables.

sparky
pushin' record

Post by sparky » Tue Mar 06, 2007 8:15 pm

When I posted basically the same question a while ago (http://messageboard.tapeop.com/viewtopi ... highlight=) someone suggested the Apple "Matrix" reverb that comes with the mac. I'd skipped it because I never really looked in the Apple folder, but it sounds way better than any of the other reverb plugs i had on my mac. Its hard to use, but relatively good.