HELP!! alesis speaker won't turn on!

Recording Techniques, People Skills, Gear, Recording Spaces, Computers, and DIY

Moderators: drumsound, tomb

KyleHale
gettin' sounds

HELP!! alesis speaker won't turn on!

Post by KyleHale » Mon Mar 26, 2007 1:05 pm

Ive had this problem for quite sometime, where I will turn off my speaker and when I tried to turn it back on, the blue light would flicker and the speaker wont work. These are the alesis active mk2s. Sometimes it will turn on, other times it wont until a few times later.

nlmd311
tinnitus

Post by nlmd311 » Mon Mar 26, 2007 2:43 pm

Are they plugged into a socket with anything else in your audio chain? Have you tried plugging them into a different outlet?

Could it be a bad/faulty/dying powersupply? That might lead to sporadic outages.

Maybe it is something as silly as the on/off switch going bad or making poor contact. Does anything there seem strange or feel weird?

-Darrill
slowly panning across something kind of crappy...

b3groover
deaf.

Post by b3groover » Mon Mar 26, 2007 3:54 pm

Call up Alesis. Their tech support is very friendly. It might still be under warranty.

BTW, I've owned a pair of MkIIs for a few years and always hated them. Then one day I actually read the manual (wtf?!) and learned you can put them on their side if you have a small room, like mine.

Lo and behold, it was a like a brand new set of speakers! The damn things sound AWESOME now! Worth a shot if you haven't tried it.
www.organissimo.org
organissimo - Dedicated (new CD)
"This shitty room is making your next hit record, bitch!"

KyleHale
gettin' sounds

Post by KyleHale » Tue Mar 27, 2007 11:37 am

just called tech support and they told me to try turning off the monitor and unplugging the power cable for 30 minutes, then turning it back on. Going to try this and i will post whether or not it works.

Jeff White
ghost haunting audio students

Post by Jeff White » Tue Mar 27, 2007 2:40 pm

b3groover wrote:Call up Alesis. Their tech support is very friendly. It might still be under warranty.

BTW, I've owned a pair of MkIIs for a few years and always hated them. Then one day I actually read the manual (wtf?!) and learned you can put them on their side if you have a small room, like mine.

Lo and behold, it was a like a brand new set of speakers! The damn things sound AWESOME now! Worth a shot if you haven't tried it.
I've been using a pair of them for four years. They've been in three different rooms for mixing and several other rooms for tracking (remote). I always experiment between standing tall and laying down depending on the room and there is always a noticable difference when one way works better than the other. Right now they are standing tall and sound terrific!

Jeff