Seattlites experience with Folklife/Bumbershoot performing?

Recording Techniques, People Skills, Gear, Recording Spaces, Computers, and DIY

Moderators: drumsound, tomb

lastpicked4kickball
alignin' 24-trk

Seattlites experience with Folklife/Bumbershoot performing?

Post by lastpicked4kickball » Fri Apr 13, 2007 2:46 pm

Hey,
We have just received word we will be playing Folklife for sure, and are on the list for prospects for Bumbershoot. I personally have no experience with performing at either, but have attended. Any advice or suggestions about getting live recordings from either show? Do they allow the artists to tape thier performances, do they do it themselves? Do the artist have to purchase the recordings (sometimes they use them for compilations I am told at festivals)? Gear issues, load in/out problems, parking? Anything would help. Thanks...
Just trying to get through life without looking stupid! Not workin' out so far for me...

ubertar
ears didn't survive the freeze

Post by ubertar » Fri Apr 13, 2007 7:15 pm

Don't eat the pastrami from the grocery store across the street. I forget the name-- it's been a long time. Played two days at folklife, ate it on the first day, spent the second day puking. The drummer didn't make it the second day, too (the electricity went out that night and his alarm didn't go off) so I had to play solo, then duck behind a bush on the way out to puke. Come to think of it, it may have been a different festival-- Arts Edge, maybe? We played Folklife too; it could have been either one. At any rate, it was at the Seattle Center. Stay away from the grocery deli...