Post by Mark » Wed Jul 25, 2012 1:18 am

This 8)

The guitar. Not the amps

supafuzz
carpal tunnel

jaguar

Post by supafuzz » Wed Jul 25, 2012 3:47 am

Congrats!!

Went to see a surf band the other nigh and the guy had a candy apple red jaguar just like yours. Went to visit a friend yesterday and he has one hanging on his wall.
They are reproducing!!

Nice and tangy.....just turn up the reverb and tremelo
Super 70 Studio.. Never tell a perfectionist that the mix is perfect!

http://www.super70studio.com
http://www.facebook.com/Super70Studio

now in glorious HD3

Smitty
tinnitus

Post by Smitty » Thu Jul 26, 2012 7:13 pm

ESE Audio ES-244 Audio Level Interface, $9.

Now I can finally start inflicting that lovely/horrible Kenwood stereo-component reverb I've got on recordings.
"I try to hate all my gear equally at all times to keep the balance of power in my favor." - Brad Sucks

Nick Sevilla
on a wing and a prayer

Post by Nick Sevilla » Thu Jul 26, 2012 10:33 pm

Boring:

2 Western Digital Raptor drives. 600GB, 10,000 RPM, 3GB throughput SATA interface, internal drives.

These went in to replace the old ones, which are two years old. Nothing really wrong with the old 300GB ones I had in there, they are still available new in some sites, but I like replacing drives at least every two years... it makes for less trouble down the road.

Cheers
Howling at the neighbors. Hoping they have more mic cables.

shedshrine
deaf.

Post by shedshrine » Fri Jul 27, 2012 1:28 pm

T-rex wrote:The Latest Gear thread is not BS. .. It's like a community swap meet where people talk about the stuff they bought and why they bought it. Every few days I check it and I have been hipped to some cool stuff from that thread.
+1 Though it is pretty impossible to find anything talked about in a 170+ page thread using the search function darnit ..

In any case,
Here's my poor man's DX7, funky sliders can be "played". Put the pitch shift all the way down to some snazzy bass snarffles. stereo RCA outs, phones, speakers. What's not to like. they threw in the AKG's for $3. whee..

EasyGo
buyin' a studio

Post by EasyGo » Fri Jul 27, 2012 2:40 pm

A massive 24" Avedis Zildjian ride cymbal. I honestly didn't realize they were made in such a large size! The stamp looks to be from the 60s, but I'm no Zildjian expert. I just needed a ride cymbal and lucked into this one at a price I couldn't resist. The previous owner told he wanted it 'gone or it's going in the scrap pile.' No problem.

T-rex
dead but not forgotten

Post by T-rex » Fri Jul 27, 2012 3:17 pm

shedshrine wrote:
T-rex wrote:The Latest Gear thread is not BS. .. It's like a community swap meet where people talk about the stuff they bought and why they bought it. Every few days I check it and I have been hipped to some cool stuff from that thread.
+1 Though it is pretty impossible to find anything talked about in a 170+ page thread using the search function darnit ..
Agreed, its not a substitute for the Gear Forum and I would never expect anyone to try to go back through the thread. I just mean that, every few days I check it cause its in my "posted threads" list and I just see what everyone has bought in the last few days. You know you could start at anytime and just move forward.

Anywhoo, I just bought a bunch of stuff that I will be starting threads for each piece in an attempt to give the Gear Forum a shot in the arm:
Overstayer VCA Stereo Comp
Golden Age Comp54
Lexicon MPX550
RNLA
Lindell 7x-500 comps (still waiting on those to arrive stateside)
TC-M OneXL

Getting the old OTB set up back in motion.

kingnimrod
pushin' record

Post by kingnimrod » Mon Jul 30, 2012 8:32 pm

Arturia minibrute
Strymon el Capistan
Zvex instant lofi junky
EHX superego
Pigtronix echolution
Moog 104m delay
Koma bd101 delay
Koma Ft201 filter
Koma Kommander
Korg monotron delay

The Koma stuff is awesome gear from Germany:
http://www.koma-elektronik.com/

I think I better sell some stuff to offset all this!

Gregg Juke
cryogenically thawing

Post by Gregg Juke » Tue Jul 31, 2012 7:15 am

Easy-- Somewhere, I have a 28" ride cymbal. For real-real!
KingNim-- That MiniBrute looks awesoem. Tell me it's awesome?
shred-- Love the keyboard...

GJ

kslight
mixes from purgatory

Post by kslight » Tue Jul 31, 2012 5:46 pm

I'm not sure of the exact dimensions of my drummer's ride, but he had Sabian custom make it for him, it is the largest possible stamp, it goes right to the edge as close as they could go. Its got to be 36" or bigger. Sweet tone, I can't wait to sample it.

Dr Rubberfunk
pushin' record

Post by Dr Rubberfunk » Wed Aug 01, 2012 6:48 am

Smitty wrote:picked up a pretty clean late 80's/early 90's Ludwig "Rockers" drum kit tonight for $120. five piece, with some stands and a Zildjan ZBT ride included. not sure if that's a good deal or not... they're old enough to be made in the US (North Carolina) based on my brief research.

picked up a nice 70's Ludwig aluminum snare a few weeks back at a flea market for $20, and been wanting to put a little trashy kit together again for lo-fi drum fun.

whomp, smack!
Nice score on the Ally snare, I wish they were going for 20bucks over here :)
I still have my 80s Rocker kit, toms sound great tuned high and open for ringing jazz styles, just a shame the 'power tom' sizes are a bit unwieldy.

GlowSounds
alignin' 24-trk

Post by GlowSounds » Wed Aug 01, 2012 7:26 am

Beyer DT 770s. Totally mellow sound... a reaction to way too long using my ear fatigue-ing Sonys

EasyGo
buyin' a studio

Post by EasyGo » Thu Aug 02, 2012 6:00 pm

kslight wrote:
I'm not sure of the exact dimensions of my drummer's ride, but he had Sabian custom make it for him, it is the largest possible stamp, it goes right to the edge as close as they could go. Its got to be 36" or bigger. Sweet tone, I can't wait to sample it.
Criminy! 28" and 36" Those are like gongs! I thought my 20" Paiste 2002 Prototype Crash was big.

Speaking of gongs, I recently judged a local 'Gong Show' talent showcase thing, and they borrowed a legit Paiste orchestral gong from a ritzy boarding school. That thing rings for like a minute! I didn't personally get to gong anyone, but when it was over, I grabbed the mallet and gonged the living s--t out of that thing. WOW. :shock:

Gregg Juke
cryogenically thawing

Post by Gregg Juke » Thu Aug 02, 2012 7:54 pm

>>>>Tam Tam style Gong<<<<

They _are_ definitely awesome.

GJ

vvv
zen recordist

Post by vvv » Thu Aug 02, 2012 10:15 pm

Golden Age Products D1
bandcamp;
blog.