Latest gear you've acquired.....

Recording Techniques, People Skills, Gear, Recording Spaces, Computers, and DIY

Moderators: drumsound, tomb

blungo2
re-cappin' neve

Post by blungo2 » Sun Jan 03, 2016 8:12 am

Recently bought a Peluso P-28, i'm really enjoying it. It sits just right when an LDC seems a little too slow and SDCs seem almost too detailed.

Got a wah for Christmas, it's so cool! it's a little AMT japanese girl. Super fun!
Almost forgot, another DBX 560a. Now my pair of a-designs reds can be a pair with compression.

Also have a wasaphone mic and another fuzz pedal on the way.

Probably won't be getting much gear in the new year... Maybe a tiny modular synth next year?

Burnt Ernie
steve albini likes it

Post by Burnt Ernie » Sun Jan 03, 2016 8:53 am

Studio one pro v3 install on a fresh pc build,Electro Harmonix Soul Food, Crate Powerblock (spare/utility amp-it's Tiny,came with carrying satchel), retubed the ac30ccx,saving up for soundtoys 5.
I am the Walnut

vvv
zen recordist

Post by vvv » Sat Jan 16, 2016 4:57 pm

Rocktron Tri-wah; I want it for bass, but just used it on guitar and liked it.

Rocktron Zombie Rectified Distortion; pretty damn cool, flexible and can get really extreme, the symmetrical adjust is fun.

Foam earpads for my Sennheiser 433's, a fave set of open ears (I have two sets, actually)

A 6-pack of .10 Ernie Ball's, because I never change strings, only replace 'em.
bandcamp;
blog.
I mix with olive juice.

A.David.MacKinnon
ears didn't survive the freeze

Post by A.David.MacKinnon » Sat Jan 16, 2016 8:34 pm

After years of looking I finally found a Harmony H165 mahogany acoustic. From what info I can find I think it's mid 50's. Found it on craigslist but it turns out the seller is a friend of mine. Got it for a song but it's going to need a bunch of work. I'm still pretty stoked though.

KennyLusk
dead but not forgotten

Post by KennyLusk » Sun Jan 17, 2016 3:23 pm

A.David.MacKinnon wrote:After years of looking I finally found a Harmony H165 mahogany acoustic. From what info I can find I think it's mid 50's. Found it on craigslist but it turns out the seller is a friend of mine. Got it for a song but it's going to need a bunch of work. I'm still pretty stoked though.
Congrat's on this. Super great and fun find.
"The mushroom states its own position very clearly. It says, "I require the nervous system of a mammal. Do you have one handy?" Terrence McKenna

Trick Fall
suffering 'studio suck'

Post by Trick Fall » Sun Jan 17, 2016 3:29 pm

A.David.MacKinnon wrote:After years of looking I finally found a Harmony H165 mahogany acoustic. From what info I can find I think it's mid 50's. Found it on craigslist but it turns out the seller is a friend of mine. Got it for a song but it's going to need a bunch of work. I'm still pretty stoked though.
I bet that's got some mojo. Good luck with it.

alexdingley
buyin' a studio

G.A.S. 2015-2016

Post by alexdingley » Mon Jan 18, 2016 6:29 pm

I recently picked up a Focusrite Claret 8 Thunderbolt interface for my live sampler-rig. Really really fast audio i/o???the latency is virtually gone in my soft-synth performance. Can multi-track record a show while triggering synths / samples all at once.

Also... tonight is my last night on earth as a non-Moog owner. Minimoog Voyager arrives tomorrow.

RefD
on a wing and a prayer

Post by RefD » Wed Jan 20, 2016 11:50 pm

Ross Flanger
The classic red version, made in Kansas.
$100

Sounds great but has a footswitch pop issue I need to get fixed.

?What need is there to weep over parts of life? The whole of it calls for tears.? -- Seneca

Recycled_Brains
resurrected

Post by Recycled_Brains » Fri Jan 22, 2016 2:20 pm

RefD wrote:Ross Flanger
The classic red version, made in Kansas.
$100

Sounds great but has a footswitch pop issue I need to get fixed.

Might be able to get rid of it by just pushing it a bunch of times in a row. Has worked for me in the past.
Ryan Slowey
Albany, NY

http://maggotbrainny.bandcamp.com

Sean Sullivan
moves faders with mind

Post by Sean Sullivan » Tue Feb 02, 2016 5:57 am

Matched pair of EL-8X Distressors. Grabbed a reissue Epiphone Wilshire for $100 that I like...don't love...don't know if it's worth upgrading the mediocre pickups because that would cost twice what I paid for the guitar...so I'll probably sell or trade it for something I could really use
Still waiting for a Luna reunion

A.David.MacKinnon
ears didn't survive the freeze

Post by A.David.MacKinnon » Wed Feb 03, 2016 1:38 pm

Finally back from the shop. It sounds amazing and plays reasonably well but there is likely still a neck reset in its future -

Image[/img]

kslight
mixes from purgatory

Post by kslight » Sun Feb 21, 2016 5:42 pm

Grabbed (3) alesis 3630s for some reason. To integrate into my 388 setup.

Randyman...
takin' a dinner break

Post by Randyman... » Mon Feb 22, 2016 3:23 pm

kslight wrote:Grabbed (3) alesis 3630s for some reason. To integrate into my 388 setup.
There are numerous easy DIY mods for those 3630's if you are interested in that kind of stuff...

:cool:
Randy V.
Audio-Dude / Musician / PC Guru / Crazy Guy

kslight
mixes from purgatory

Post by kslight » Mon Feb 22, 2016 4:37 pm

Randyman... wrote:
kslight wrote:Grabbed (3) alesis 3630s for some reason. To integrate into my 388 setup.
There are numerous easy DIY mods for those 3630's if you are interested in that kind of stuff...

:cool:
Yup I've looked in to a little bit but haven't had time to tinker. I didn't want to disable the gates on all of them. Any recommendations for what's worthwhile? I didn't buy these with the hopes of fidelity at all but to replace a couple pedal compressors and add a gate/compressor to the end of my Sherman Filterbank 2.

vvv
zen recordist

Post by vvv » Mon Feb 22, 2016 9:13 pm

Some "Alice" brand 12-string packs to Nashville-tune a cheap Washburn acoustic - about US$4 each on the E-bog ...
bandcamp;
blog.
I mix with olive juice.