Latest gear you've acquired.....

Recording Techniques, People Skills, Gear, Recording Spaces, Computers, and DIY

Moderators: drumsound, tomb

vvv
zen recordist

Re: Latest gear you've acquired.....

Post by vvv » Sun Aug 06, 2023 10:42 pm

Solidgoldfx Beta Custom - the search for the perfect bass OD continues, and this one is really good (made my board, replaced the EQD Westwood)

EQD Hizumitas - the search for the perfect bass fuzz continues, and this one is really good, really heavy fuzzage with lotsa bottom

Oh lawd, I'm stuck in the top o' the page ag'in.
bandcamp;
blog.
I mix with olive juice.

digitaldrummer
cryogenically thawing

Post by digitaldrummer » Mon Aug 07, 2023 7:20 am

kslight wrote:
Sun Aug 06, 2023 7:16 pm
https://imgur.com/a/cio0flo

Had one car get totaled a month ago, and my main car broke down a week ago…decided if I was gonna have only one car it shouldn’t have 279k miles on it. First new car ever. Car market is pretty stupid still right now but this is what I could get without a big wait and without a markup.
that'll get the groceries for sure!
Mike
www.studiodrumtracks.com -- Drum tracks starting at $50!
www.doubledogrecording.com

A.David.MacKinnon
ears didn't survive the freeze

Post by A.David.MacKinnon » Mon Aug 07, 2023 12:17 pm

3/4 size classical terz guitar. Tunes G-G.
3770883997.jpg
3770883997.jpg (136.76 KiB) Viewed 31480 times

trodden
on a wing and a prayer

Post by trodden » Mon Aug 07, 2023 12:39 pm

digitaldrummer wrote:
Mon Aug 07, 2023 7:20 am
kslight wrote:

Had one car get totaled a month ago, and my main car broke down a week ago…decided if I was gonna have only one car it shouldn’t have 279k miles on it. First new car ever. Car market is pretty stupid still right now but this is what I could get without a big wait and without a markup.
Bitchin'!
I finally got a Honda ELEMENT a few years ago after wanting one since they came out. I dig it. My first Honda.

winky dinglehoffer
buyin' a studio

Post by winky dinglehoffer » Mon Aug 07, 2023 1:44 pm

A.David.MacKinnon wrote:
Mon Aug 07, 2023 12:17 pm

3770883997.jpg
Those purple stairs would go nicely with my purple bass!

kslight
mixes from purgatory

Post by kslight » Mon Aug 07, 2023 2:26 pm

trodden wrote:
Mon Aug 07, 2023 12:39 pm
digitaldrummer wrote:
kslight wrote:

Bitchin'!
I finally got a Honda ELEMENT a few years ago after wanting one since they came out. I dig it. My first Honda.

I had an Element also, wife took it with her in divorce. I had made it into a full on camper setup too. Not too upset as hers needs a lot of maintenance though. As you can see in the garage I still have my Old CRV, very solid practical car, run forever if you take care of it. My suggestion on your element would just be mindful of oil leaks, it’s been in the shop for some serious issues with that lately. Besides that, just done maintenance.

I’m a big fan of Honda, hope the Civic is as trouble free as the CRV has been. I certainly love the hatchback of this one / big selling point for me to buy this, bigger than most of the modern crossovers as far as cargo space goes, if we’re being honest. I would have also liked a new CRV hybrid but that’s creeping up on too damn expensive for a single childless guy to justify.

A.David.MacKinnon
ears didn't survive the freeze

Post by A.David.MacKinnon » Mon Aug 07, 2023 3:46 pm

winky dinglehoffer wrote:
Mon Aug 07, 2023 1:44 pm
A.David.MacKinnon wrote:
Mon Aug 07, 2023 12:17 pm

3770883997.jpg
Those purple stairs would go nicely with my purple bass!
https://jakewildwood.blogspot.com/?m=1

trodden
on a wing and a prayer

Post by trodden » Mon Aug 07, 2023 4:20 pm

kslight wrote:
Mon Aug 07, 2023 2:26 pm
trodden wrote:
Mon Aug 07, 2023 12:39 pm
digitaldrummer wrote:

Bitchin'!

I had an Element also, wife took it with her in divorce. I had made it into a full on camper setup too. Not too upset as hers needs a lot of maintenance though. As you can see in the garage I still have my Old CRV, very solid practical car, run forever if you take care of it. My suggestion on your element would just be mindful of oil leaks, it’s been in the shop for some serious issues with that lately. Besides that, just done maintenance.

I’m a big fan of Honda, hope the Civic is as trouble free as the CRV has been. I certainly love the hatchback of this one / big selling point for me to buy this, bigger than most of the modern crossovers as far as cargo space goes, if we’re being honest. I would have also liked a new CRV hybrid but that’s creeping up on too damn expensive for a single childless guy to justify.
Ours is a 2004. The previous owner bought it from the dealer we bought it from, and kept up with the maintenance, so it's been pretty rad. Definitely lacking in power, but makes up for it with cargo space. I built a roof rack for it and added a cargo basket. I'm hoping to grab a full-size spare because being on a donut in the mountains sucks! We put some burly tires on it last year. I feel like I'm in a Honda commercial whenever loading it up with music gear, camping gear, or shooting range gear. We always have at least one back seat taken out.

digitaldrummer
cryogenically thawing

Post by digitaldrummer » Tue Aug 08, 2023 5:18 pm

ordered another ART P16 XLR patch bay. I like these so I don't have to crawl behind the rack (at least not too often). I currently have something DIY (a panel, bunch of XLR jacks, and cables with more XLRs), and it works OK, but sometimes drives me crazy with the "fixed" cable length that I made it with.
Mike

vvv
zen recordist

Post by vvv » Wed Aug 09, 2023 1:55 pm

:high:
bandcamp;
blog.
I mix with olive juice.

trodden
on a wing and a prayer

Post by trodden » Wed Aug 09, 2023 2:05 pm

digitaldrummer wrote:
Tue Aug 08, 2023 5:18 pm
ordered another ART P16 XLR patch bay. I like these so I don't have to crawl behind the rack (at least not too often). I currently have something DIY (a panel, bunch of XLR jacks, and cables with more XLRs), and it works OK, but sometimes drives me crazy with the "fixed" cable length that I made it with.
I've been thinking about having these in my next room, or building a panel like you mentioned just so I can patch different mic preamps instead of having them hard patched to my snake boxes in the tracking area.

trodden
on a wing and a prayer

Post by trodden » Wed Aug 09, 2023 4:39 pm

trodden wrote:
Wed Aug 09, 2023 2:05 pm
digitaldrummer wrote:
Tue Aug 08, 2023 5:18 pm
I've been thinking about having these in my next room, or building a panel like you mentioned just so I can patch different mic preamps instead of having them hard patched to my snake boxes in the tracking area.
Now my brain gears are turning for the wiring of the new room.
one of these and the ART, can then patch whatever mic to whatever pre input while running across the studio via CAT.
https://soundtools.com/audio-over-cat5- ... track.html

digitaldrummer
cryogenically thawing

Post by digitaldrummer » Tue Aug 15, 2023 6:10 am

I have a 14" floor tom on the way that matches my Pearl Music City Custom Reference Pure drum kit - it's not a common color (Bronze Oyster). I had custom ordered a tom a few years ago and it took a long time to get it. I have searches on Reverb and eBay, etc. that should find matches, but it never did. Then out of the blue I just did a Google search and it seems that Google actually matched the color name to the picture - because the post on Reverb actually never mentioned the color. But it was exactly what I was looking for. So I guess score one for AI?
Mike

alexdingley
buyin' a studio

Post by alexdingley » Sun Sep 10, 2023 4:20 am

Given that they're having a crazy "we finally have chip suppliers again" sale at Metric Halo, I grabbed an LIO-8 mkIV to round out my I/O system. The preamps on the ULN-8's are great, but I didn't need a bank of more preamps to handle my external mic pre's — not pictured I have a UA 4-710

CraigS63
suffering 'studio suck'

Post by CraigS63 » Sun Sep 10, 2023 12:46 pm

Not sure it counts as gear if it's software, a synth plugin called "Polymode" (a Moog Polymoog simulator).
So I can play along to Gary Numan's "Pleasure Principle" album using the "Vox Humana" preset he used all over the place on that one.
I've spent $29 on stupider things.

https://cherryaudio.com/products/polymode-synthesizer