Latest gear you've acquired.....

Recording Techniques, People Skills, Gear, Recording Spaces, Computers, and DIY

Moderators: drumsound, tomb

losthighway
resurrected

Re: Latest gear you've acquired.....

Post by losthighway » Mon Oct 28, 2019 8:47 am

TC Electronic Reverb 4000

I thought I was gonna be patient and save for 9-10 months and just get a Bricasti, but I can't bring myself to purchase a $4k reverb unit when I don't even own a mic that's worth more than half that. Although before they discontinued it these units fetched a pretty hefty price before they discontinued them in favor for the bit 6000 system, or the more flexible 3000 multi fx units.

I'm psyched to get a heavy hitter rack reverb in my place!

winky dinglehoffer
buyin' a studio

Post by winky dinglehoffer » Thu Nov 07, 2019 5:33 pm

Lexicon Reflex & Kurzweil Rumour. Having fun using them with my synths.

A.David.MacKinnon
ears didn't survive the freeze

Post by A.David.MacKinnon » Fri Nov 08, 2019 10:34 am

More gobos (built rather than acquired). I feel like I can never have enough......except when trying to store them when they're not in use.

digitaldrummer
ghost haunting audio students

Post by digitaldrummer » Mon Nov 11, 2019 7:14 am

A.David.MacKinnon wrote:
Fri Nov 08, 2019 10:34 am
More gobos (built rather than acquired). I feel like I can never have enough......except when trying to store them when they're not in use.
I hear that. last year I tore my gobos apart and rebuilt them. they used to be ~4 ft wide and 6 ft high. very difficult to store. I cut them in half and put hinges (old used door hinges from house remodel...) between the 2 pieces. So now when I need to store them, I fold them up and they are ~2x1 ft and 6 feet high, which makes them much easier to store. I was also able to remove the stabilizer legs that I had on them and just put felt glides on the bottom (that slide on my floor just fine). anyway, some pix here...

https://www.facebook.com/plugins/post.p ... 5086299746
Mike
www.studiodrumtracks.com -- Drum tracks starting at $50!
www.doubledogrecording.com

A.David.MacKinnon
ears didn't survive the freeze

Post by A.David.MacKinnon » Mon Nov 11, 2019 8:20 am

digitaldrummer wrote:
Mon Nov 11, 2019 7:14 am
A.David.MacKinnon wrote:
Fri Nov 08, 2019 10:34 am
I hear that. last year I tore my gobos apart and rebuilt them. they used to be ~4 ft wide and 6 ft high. very difficult to store. I cut them in half and put hinges (old used door hinges from house remodel...) between the 2 pieces. So now when I need to store them, I fold them up and they are ~2x1 ft and 6 feet high, which makes them much easier to store. I was also able to remove the stabilizer legs that I had on them and just put felt glides on the bottom (that slide on my floor just fine). anyway, some pix here...

https://www.facebook.com/plugins/post.p ... 5086299746
Very nice! The ones I just built are 4x4 with legs reversed on each end (right side out the back, left side out front) so they nest together. I've also got an older pair of 3x4's around the drum kit and a tall set of 3x6s with plexi windows up top. I need them all (and probably one more) but some of them are going to have to go into storage in the house when they're not in use. My space is a biggish one car garage. It fill up really fast.

joninc
dead but not forgotten

Post by joninc » Mon Nov 11, 2019 1:54 pm

just picked up a yamaha ps-20 for some fun organ and drum machine action.
the new rules : there are no rules

vvv
zen recordist

Post by vvv » Mon Nov 11, 2019 4:39 pm

Cuppla- 4 pedals:

Ampeg Opto Bass compressor: nice and round and kinda spongy on bass, not as tight as the BBE non-mustache or even the Meek racks, I really like it on funk stuff where it makes pick playing sound ... funky.

BBE Windowpane: a silicon distortion pedal that never sounds clean, all the way to blown-out. Very cool in that no bottom is lost on bass, and it sounds great on guitar, also.

Rowin slow hand: a really cheap (but true bypass) take on the classic Slow Gear, what I wanted for when I get all shoe-gazey.

EHX OpAmp Muff: i am totally loving these nano muffs, so cool to just change out a pedal and get a different but compatible sound when stacking rhythm guitar tracks, and they all (I also have the Triangle and my fave, the Green Russkie) feel different but sound great. This is the one they been callin' "Corgan inna box", and I hear why.
bandcamp;
blog.
I mix with olive juice.

kslight
mixes from purgatory

Post by kslight » Mon Nov 11, 2019 7:42 pm

Traded off a mim strat I didn’t ever bond with for...a couple guitars that weren’t really on my radar but may be closer to my thing...or maybe just good trade material later. A brushed aluminum LTD Page Hamilton sig and a PRS SE Custom 22.

This is how I end up with too many guitars.

Recycled_Brains
resurrected

Post by Recycled_Brains » Thu Nov 21, 2019 8:56 am

Daking Mic Pre/EQ. My 2nd. I've had a single channel for over a decade at this point. Not sure why it took so long to double up, but happy I did. Having that EQ in stereo at mix time will be really nice.

Also a DIYRE L2P passive line attenuator. Have to build it still, but I'm excited to have the option of smashing things through my otherwise un-used preamps when mixing.
Ryan Slowey
Albany, NY

http://maggotbrainny.bandcamp.com

digitaldrummer
ghost haunting audio students

Post by digitaldrummer » Tue Dec 03, 2019 6:41 am

ok, what did you score on this years black friday and cyber monday specials?

I signed up for a free Waves plugin but, just like last year's free plugin, will probably never install it or use it. But, it was free, so i saved 100% right?
Mike
www.studiodrumtracks.com -- Drum tracks starting at $50!
www.doubledogrecording.com

markjazzbassist
tinnitus

Post by markjazzbassist » Tue Dec 03, 2019 7:20 am

71 Fender Musicmaster Bass
82 Fender Bassman 20 Tube Combo

i'm switching to short scale. i do mostly 4-5 hour jazz gigs (with a username like i have who wouldda thought? :D ) and my 69 fender jazz is long scale and i have smaller hands/fingers and it wears me out by the end of the gig. i'm soloing and i just can't get around fast enough. i did a hand/finger size test with some musician friends and just now realized at 35 years old i have small hands/fingers (been playing the 69 jazz for a decade). made the short scale switch and i'm loving it. i can actually do a 6 fret stretch now, whereas before i was lucky to just get 4 in first position. funky little bass often talked down upon and trashed on the forums, i love it. cool unique sound from it's strat pickup, mustang body and neck, and tele bass bridge. i love that fender just found their leftover parts bin threw stuff together and BAM! we got another model.

the amp is a real gem, it's a small all tube combo with a closed back 15" speaker. i've always loved the fender bassman sound for bass (most don't, they prefer ampeg) and this gives me that in a super small size that is giggable for my corporate and restaurant jazz gigs where space is non existent.

just in time for a gig tonight!

kslight
mixes from purgatory

Post by kslight » Tue Dec 03, 2019 8:15 am

digitaldrummer wrote:
Tue Dec 03, 2019 6:41 am
ok, what did you score on this years black friday and cyber monday specials?

I signed up for a free Waves plugin but, just like last year's free plugin, will probably never install it or use it. But, it was free, so i saved 100% right?
I signed up for the same free plugin, never got the email “4 hours later.” Checked my junk box and all that goodness. Probably didn’t need it anyway.

But I didn’t really see any kind of deal that I couldn’t get any other day of the year, so didn’t spend any money on music gear.

vvv
zen recordist

Post by vvv » Thu Dec 05, 2019 6:23 pm

Aerodyne, JP90:
Last edited by vvv on Thu Dec 05, 2019 6:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.
bandcamp;
blog.
I mix with olive juice.

vvv
zen recordist

Post by vvv » Thu Dec 05, 2019 6:26 pm

GK Neo 212:
bandcamp;
blog.
I mix with olive juice.

vvv