Stereo Ribbon Group Buy Ending Soon!

Recording Techniques, People Skills, Gear, Recording Spaces, Computers, and DIY

Moderators: drumsound, tomb

GravityRobert
ass engineer

Post by GravityRobert » Wed May 16, 2007 3:17 am

I'm gonna have to flake out, I'm afraid. I haven't been listed for any mics yet but I kinda need every dollar/euro I have right now as I'm gathering core gear.

Thanks Victor for all the work :P

qball
pushin' record

Post by qball » Wed May 16, 2007 3:47 am

Hopefully this will help shed some of the doubt for some of the "doubters". I did an eBay search using Victor's email addy. Here are the results:

"The email address theonlymagicalpig@yahoo.com is used by a valid eBay member with a feedback score of 16 (100% positive). We have not found a transaction between you and this member in the last 60 days. For privacy purposes, it is eBay's policy that User IDs are not revealed to members who are not involved in current or recent transactions with each other."
I think women should leave the toilet seat UP!!!

mingus2112
re-cappin' neve

Post by mingus2112 » Wed May 16, 2007 7:09 am

I said it before, but i'll say it again: If this is a scam, you can always file a claim with paypal and get your money back. If there are 50 paypal claims against the same guy, don't you think that 1) they would believe you almost immediately and 2) take immediate action against him?

It's a no brainer for me.

-James
HWJLHC?

qball
pushin' record

Post by qball » Wed May 16, 2007 7:41 am

Besides, if you use your credit card to pay via PayPal, you have the CC company's full support as well.

trodden
on a wing and a prayer

Post by trodden » Wed May 16, 2007 9:00 am

ubertar wrote:I'm in for 2. Just paypalled you. Where exactly is smelly cheese country? How long will it take to ship to the US once you get them?
France. UTFSF!!!

bap
takin' a dinner break

Post by bap » Wed May 16, 2007 2:16 pm

gregnrom wrote:I'm not trying to be a total dick about this, but it smacks of scam. The whole deadline thing, money up front, not seeing product for months...
Have you done this before? Who have you done it with?
Why not dump an order on a credit card then sell everything yourself?
I'm sorry if I missed those details. I don't mean to be a dick.
What group buys have you ever done? There is, in my experience, always up front payment. There has also been, in my experience, success and a great bargain.

People who organize these things usually do get something out of it, but my wife would never approve of the profit to effort ratio.

Do you want the item in your hands before payment?
'Oh... no... it wasn't the airplane...it was beauty that killed the beast.'

qball
pushin' record

Post by qball » Thu May 17, 2007 9:08 am

bump

bap
takin' a dinner break

Post by bap » Thu May 17, 2007 2:09 pm

Gettin' a little closer here!

If you've never done a group buy, it can be a little frightening but in the end you are glad you did it.

Remember your first DIY audio project? Kind of scary if you're not an electrical engineer. What?....you've never built a mic pre?

Jump onboard this group buy and you can do your first mic mod by replacing transformers. How exciting!

ubertar
ears didn't survive the freeze

Post by ubertar » Thu May 17, 2007 3:53 pm

and send the old transformers to me :wink: I have a special secret use for them.

bap
takin' a dinner break

Post by bap » Thu May 17, 2007 4:23 pm

If we get this buy pushed through I will send my transformers to you.

Didn't I send my other Chinese transformers to you?

I think you told me you were going to construct an oversize statue of George W. Bush in a public park in Baghdad to commemorate their liberation. Transformer Art! How thoughtful .....

I might be mistaken.....

ubertar
ears didn't survive the freeze

Post by ubertar » Thu May 17, 2007 8:47 pm

Then when we're finally liberated, we can tear it down. Transformation is something we need badly. Impeach!

trodden
on a wing and a prayer

Post by trodden » Thu May 17, 2007 8:55 pm

ubertar wrote:Then when we're finally liberated, we can tear it down. Transformation is something we need badly. Impeach!
the spirit of '68!

dude, i'll send you my go-bots if i jackson my group buy ribbon mic.

fuck, i need to save duckets to jackson the TOMB group buy of '05 ribbon as well.. mine got all noisy and stuff. still sounds good though.

bap
takin' a dinner break

Post by bap » Fri May 18, 2007 7:23 am

Mine got Cinemag replacement right away. I also tore out all the screening and did all the damping ala Mr. Joly.

I keep meaning to remove the connector so that I can adjust the angle without removing the mic from the swivel. It also pisses me off slightly when I forget that silver Neutrics are too large for the mics connector and I have to use the black/gold ones.

trodden
on a wing and a prayer

Post by trodden » Fri May 18, 2007 8:45 am

bap wrote:Mine got Cinemag replacement right away. I also tore out all the screening and did all the damping ala Mr. Joly.

I keep meaning to remove the connector so that I can adjust the angle without removing the mic from the swivel. It also pisses me off slightly when I forget that silver Neutrics are too large for the mics connector and I have to use the black/gold ones.
good info on the black/gold connects. I'm still using the shit cheap cable that came with it since none of my neutriks fit. I figure i'll send my to Joly someday.

bap
takin' a dinner break

Post by bap » Fri May 18, 2007 9:20 am

Yeah, you can weasel the black ones in (it's snug) but the silver ones seem to stick at about half way.