HELP! w/ LOGIC 7

Recording Techniques, People Skills, Gear, Recording Spaces, Computers, and DIY

Moderators: drumsound, tomb

petreestow
alignin' 24-trk

HELP! w/ LOGIC 7

Post by petreestow » Sun May 06, 2007 12:43 pm

I just got logic 7, and i'm trying to setup a default recording template (like 50 audio tracks, 8 instrument tracks, 8 busses, 2 outputs, etc.) I want this template to load each time i create a new project.

I tried the setup assistant under preferences, followed all of the instructions to get this to work, and hit finished. Instread of loading the new template i created with the setup assistant, it loads the old standard (4 tracks, 8 instruments, etc)

does anyone know why my preferences aren't being saved and how i can change that? can it be saved somewhere in a folder?

thanks for checking this out, and hopefully someone will know what the problem is!

stevebozz
gettin' sounds

Post by stevebozz » Sun May 06, 2007 7:54 pm

yo josh--

in logic 5.5, I save my stuff as AUTOLOAD.LSO in the program directory, and it loads that each time. not sure if it's still the same in 7. anyone know?

pasta
Steve

-- Chief City Recordings | www.chiefcity.com
-- BOZZmedia | www.bozz1.com

petreestow
alignin' 24-trk

Post by petreestow » Sun May 06, 2007 9:46 pm

thanks dog!

UXB
steve albini likes it

Post by UXB » Sun May 06, 2007 9:54 pm

Yes, it is still the same. Don't forget to lock your autoload to prevent corruption.

You can keep different autoloads around as well, and switch them, if need be.

Best,
H

PS. sonikmatter is a fantastic logic resource, but def. use the search feature there!

Best,
H

DryCounty
buyin' a studio

Post by DryCounty » Mon May 07, 2007 6:00 am

FYI by locking the autoload UXB means doing a command-i with the Autoload.lso highlighted in the Finder and then locking it. I only recently found out about this trick but it's great in that you'll no longer scream bloody murder when you realize you've just recorded tracks to your Autoload and have to reload everything all over again.

Haven't checked in to Sonikmatter in a while but I also find the Apple discussions to be a great resource:

http://discussions.apple.com
"I would imagine that the inside of a bottle of cleaning fluid is fucking clean." -Hedberg
-----
Tulsa Drone
Dry County Records ? Richmond, Virginia
twitter: drycounty