Updating PT 6.9 to 7.?

Recording Techniques, People Skills, Gear, Recording Spaces, Computers, and DIY

Moderators: drumsound, tomb

Catoogie
buyin' a studio

Updating PT 6.9 to 7.?

Post by Catoogie » Thu May 24, 2007 7:43 pm

Hi guys,

I have PT 6.9 andI want to upgrade to 7.? What is the latest version? Does everyone suggest going with the latest? I have heard there are some problems with the latest version and BFD. Anyone know anything about that?

Also, how do I go about getting updated?

Thanks!!

hayasofia
audio school

Post by hayasofia » Tue May 29, 2007 11:30 am

don't know how it works with bfd, but i have 7.1 and so far so good. i believe they are up to 7.2 now, all you have to do is purchase the upgrade from the digidesign website or an authorized dealer. when you purchase a digidesign product i believe you are entitled to 2 free upgrades. you should find out about this

rydaken
pushin' record

Post by rydaken » Tue May 29, 2007 11:51 am

I'm on 7.3.1. Works great.
Don't know about BFD, though.

Rodgre
carpal tunnel

Post by Rodgre » Tue May 29, 2007 12:24 pm

I just went from 6.9 to 7.3.1 as well.

I have had a few buggy issues with BFD that seem to require me to relaunch, but once I get it going, it's okay.

One thing that bugs me though, is that 7.3.1 no longer supports the old Digirack compressor, limiter or EQs, so if you had some sessions that were using those plug-ins, you will lose them. If you have crucial mixes using them, process your tracks in new playlists using the AudioSuite versions of those plugs, or else don't use them, and go right to the new compressor and Eqs.

Roger

Kyle
steve albini likes it

Post by Kyle » Tue May 29, 2007 12:56 pm

You don't lose the plugs, they just get moved out the active plugin folder. If you want to continue to use them for older sessions, you must move them back into the active plugin folder and they work just fine.

Check the DUC for specific information.
Kyle