Recording Using Mac/Windows Parallel - recognizing firepod

Recording Techniques, People Skills, Gear, Recording Spaces, Computers, and DIY

Moderators: drumsound, tomb

petreestow
alignin' 24-trk

Recording Using Mac/Windows Parallel - recognizing firepod

Post by petreestow » Sun May 27, 2007 7:03 am

So I have a Macbook Pro, and have sucessfully booted Windows using a program called Parallel. I'm running logic 5 up on windows parallel, can load the songs i have ok, but am having trouble recording any new tracks. For some reason I can't get the internal audio drive to recognize the presonus firepod.

Does anyone know how I might be able to solve this problem? thanks, and take care

chris harris
speech impediment

Post by chris harris » Sun May 27, 2007 10:01 am

why are you using Windows?

petreestow
alignin' 24-trk

Post by petreestow » Sun May 27, 2007 10:14 am

i am loading previous windows recording session that i had recorded with logic 5 on my old pc. i want to record a couple of more tracks on one of the previous songs so i'm trying to run windows on the mac and open logic 5 up to finish some recordings

jonnymo
alignin' 24-trk

Post by jonnymo » Sun May 27, 2007 11:17 am

The best thing would probably be to export identical-length .WAV files of individual instrument tracks (preferably out of your old PC) and open them in whatever Mac-based DAW you're using now to finish the song.

If you need to use Windows on a Mac for audio apps, I'd go with Boot Camp instead of Parallels. (although I should caution you, Boot Camp is still in public beta. I had v1.1.2 on my Macbook for just this reason, to run my old Windows audio apps, and ended up removing it due to weird blue-screen / keyboard freezing / sketchy drive partition issues. Tracking in OSX now instead.)

stevebozz
gettin' sounds

Post by stevebozz » Sun Aug 05, 2007 7:26 pm

so is it not possible to use a firepod with logic 5 on a macbook?
Steve

-- Chief City Recordings | www.chiefcity.com
-- BOZZmedia | www.bozz1.com