Bouncing Mp3s In Logic - Stereo Problems

Recording Techniques, People Skills, Gear, Recording Spaces, Computers, and DIY

Moderators: drumsound, tomb

AudioJunky
takin' a dinner break

Bouncing Mp3s In Logic - Stereo Problems

Post by AudioJunky » Mon Jun 04, 2007 4:16 pm

Last night I bounced a track to mp3 in logic that had some very active/automated panning from left to right. When the track bounced to mp3, I for some reason am losing the stereo pans along with the active/automated left-right pans on a certain track. Anyone have any idea what the problem might be?

Thanks
C

UXB
steve albini likes it

Post by UXB » Fri Jun 08, 2007 7:18 pm

I would first double check that all the busses, outputs and (stereo) tracks are in stereo mode by looking at the bottom left of the fader. There should be 2 interlocking circles, representing stereo (not necessary for a panned mono track, but make sure the signal path after that is in stereo).

I haven't seen this problem yet, so it's probably one of the (many) options along the way, but one never knows.

Best,
H

Osumosan
takin' a dinner break

Logic automation

Post by Osumosan » Fri Jun 08, 2007 8:41 pm

Try this.

Highlight a track that has the panning. Or one that has any automation. Then use the key command for "Automation Event Edit." If you don't have one, create it.

The autmation event list will appear. Then open a new arrange window (cmd-1) and it will be populated by event tracks instead of audio tracks. You're supposed to be able do this by just opening the automation event window from the menu, but somehow this doesn't work for me. Make sure all these tracks go to the end of the song. If not stretch all the automation tracks so they do. I've also heard of bugs when there are events prior to bar 1 1 1 1.

This might help you out.