Tracktion 2 problem

Recording Techniques, People Skills, Gear, Recording Spaces, Computers, and DIY

Moderators: drumsound, tomb

pixeltarian
buyin' gear

Tracktion 2 problem

Post by pixeltarian » Sun Aug 26, 2007 5:54 pm

My tapco link.usb does not show up in the wave device list. it DOES show up in the list for default device for Windows sounds. This is especially strange considering it's the bundled software for the link.usb and the driver is part of the tracktion software.

does anyone know what the heck is going on? I just reinstalled windows and this came up. I cannot playback any of my projects because of it. I tried using ASIO4all but the playback is horrible.

I do have an ECHO MIAmidi but there is no headphone option and I do a lot of track at a time stuff. is there some kind of ultra tiny "mixer" sort of thing that just has two 1/4 balanced ins, two balanced outs, with a headphone out as well.

I would love to just add a headphone option to the echo, but I've not seen anything that doesn't cost more than the actual card does. ART sells something close, but the output is RCA instead of TRS.

any thoughts or ideas about either of these problems would be greatly appreciated.

thanks,
- pixeltarian

apropos of nothing
dead but not forgotten

Post by apropos of nothing » Sun Aug 26, 2007 9:16 pm

Did you reinstall all drivers for your computer and the soundcard? I usually find one or two that I missed.

segaface
steve albini likes it

Post by segaface » Mon Aug 27, 2007 8:52 am

Methinks one of these would take care of your mixer needs.

Andy
fossiltooth wrote: That's like saying you hate Fenders because of Yngwie Malmsteen.
My musics.