cvanwinkle
gimme a little kick & snare

Adobe Audition 3

Post by cvanwinkle » Tue Sep 11, 2007 6:06 pm

http://www.adobe.com/audition

From the website:
Top features in Adobe Audition 3

VSTi virtual instrument support
Enjoy support for a wider range of virtual instruments. Simply add a MIDI host track to your mix, choose an instrument, and then record new audio in the Sequencer.

Enhanced spectral editing
Make a free-form selection in frequency space with the Effects Paintbrush and apply effects in varying degrees to that selection. Smooth over a selected region to automatically repair clicks, pops, and other noises using the Spot Healing Brush.

Top/Tail Views
Need a quick and easy way to tweak the start and end of a loop or other audio file? The new Top/Tail Views allow you to zoom into the beginning and end of a file so you can quickly add precise fades while keeping the whole file in view.
Anyone know anything else about this yet?

kayagum
ghost haunting audio students

Post by kayagum » Tue Sep 11, 2007 7:25 pm

It's being released in November. I'm probably going to upgrade from Audition 1.5.

If Adobe keeps their policy consistent, they should have a free 30 day trial version available.

As I've written on other threads, this software has saved my ass on past projects- I'll definitely give the new version a try.

EasyGo
buyin' a studio

Post by EasyGo » Tue Sep 11, 2007 8:35 pm

What pisses me off is that the new version of Adobe Production Studio (Premiere, Encore DVD, Photoshop, Flash, etc.) no longer includes Audition, and in its place is a dumbed down 2-track editor meant for video editors called Soundbooth, which really freakin stinks (crappy preset effects, etc.). Glad we're able to keep a copy of Audition 2.0 along with the new Production studio at work.

I always dug Cool Edit and like Audition 1.5 and 2.0, but it doesn't look like Audition 3 offers that much more than 2.0.

cvanwinkle
gimme a little kick & snare

[ding] it's done

Post by cvanwinkle » Fri Nov 09, 2007 11:35 am

Looks like it just got released
http://www.adobe.com/products/audition/