Guitar Center stories good and bad

Recording Techniques, People Skills, Gear, Recording Spaces, Computers, and DIY

Moderators: drumsound, tomb

Bueford Wilson
audio school graduate

Post by Bueford Wilson » Fri Mar 28, 2008 2:07 pm

SuperDeuce wrote:Step 1. Eat del taco (or equivalent local mexican food joint) like it's candy aaaaalll day.

Step 2. Before closing, enter guitar center store, avoid everyone and head straight for the crapper.

Step 3. Remove toilet tank lid.

Step 4. Stand on the toilet bowl lid (close the lid) and remove pants.

Step 5. Deposit gigantic raging deuce into the tank portion of the tiolet, wipe (or not), zip, replace lid. Do not flush. Play some guitars, then leave quietly (whistling if possible).

Poo-ey water will flood the bowl after every flush all the next day long, and if your lucky, some kid you hate with fruity hair will have to clean the tank...

Try it in the ladies room.

Mike
That is, as they say in the industry...

...an upper decker.
"You know what you can't outsource? You can't outsource balls. America is the world leader in balls."

-Stephen Colbert

LeedyGuy
tinnitus

Post by LeedyGuy » Fri Mar 28, 2008 3:06 pm

...an upper decker.
I can't believe that I am participating in this and actually replying, but leaving a "stranded sailor" can be sometimes more effective than upperdeckers since that kid with the fruity hair probably doesnt know enough about plumbing to figure out how to solve the problem.

Here's one:
I was standing by the AES Ocean Way booth where they had those enormous speakers and everybody was kinda standing around with shit eating grins and this GC Pro guy (who needed to wash himself before he put on that suit) starts chatting it up with me about how he can get Ocean Way sounds in my home studio and that all you have to do is contact GC Pro and put that order in and they will come and help me out. He then proceeded to talk about GC Pro like it is the industry's best kept secret and that they are sorta like the CIA of the music gear business. My friends and I somehow slipped out of the conversation (not without a business card of course) and nearly fell on the floor cracking up.

GC Pro...oh man....

-Ken
Current band - www.myspace.com/nickafflittomusic
My music - www.myspace.com/kenadessamusic
Recording space - www.myspace.com/twinreverbsound
HOT soul music - www.enzoandthebakers.com
Freelance drum hookups available constantly

vvv
zen recordist

Post by vvv » Fri Mar 28, 2008 8:54 pm

Aiight, I'll, eh, bite.

What's a "stranded sailor"?
bandcamp;
blog.
I mix with olive juice.

LeedyGuy
tinnitus

Post by LeedyGuy » Sat Mar 29, 2008 4:50 am

vvv wrote:Aiight, I'll, eh, bite.

What's a "stranded sailor"?
*sigh* Since you asked...

Turn the water off so that there is no water flowing to the toilet. Flush. No water will come back. Leave a "sailor" in the toilet. Quickly depart.

The trick is that someone has to know how to turn the water back on (that little twisty thing under the toilet) AND when turning it back on, you have to get awfully close to the bowl. The "sailor" is "stranded" without any water to "sail" in.
Current band - www.myspace.com/nickafflittomusic
My music - www.myspace.com/kenadessamusic
Recording space - www.myspace.com/twinreverbsound
HOT soul music - www.enzoandthebakers.com
Freelance drum hookups available constantly

joel hamilton
zen recordist

Post by joel hamilton » Sat Mar 29, 2008 7:44 am

wow. 12 pages of this amazing, informative thread.

Done.