Logic 7.2 - How can I create Bus tracks in my mixer window?

Recording Techniques, People Skills, Gear, Recording Spaces, Computers, and DIY

Moderators: drumsound, tomb

petreestow
alignin' 24-trk

Logic 7.2 - How can I create Bus tracks in my mixer window?

Post by petreestow » Sun Oct 14, 2007 11:21 pm

I know this sounds stupid, but how can I create Bus tracks in my mixer window for logic 7.2? I have the 64 bus option enabled, yet i can't figure out a way to get the bus mixer tracks added. thanks everyone

UXB
steve albini likes it

Post by UXB » Thu Oct 18, 2007 11:12 pm

There a few ways to do this. Let's see if can remember them without it in front of me, but first (caveat, it's late, I'm far too overworked, and a bit punch drunk, so try to hear Mike Tyson's voice in your head while reading this)...

You have to make sure the busses (or aux objects) exist in the environment. Unlike audio or instrument tracks, you must create your bus and aux tracks in the environment first. Don't forget to assign them to the appropriate channels and name them.

After doing so, you can then create a track in the arrange window, and then make that track a bus (click and hold on the waneform thing to get the menu), or aux, or (I'm foggy on this now...)I think you can option double click on the track in the mixer window (set to global) and it will populate the arrange window.

This why it's so good to set up your autoload with all you need ahead of time!

BTW. It's different in Logic 8, this is for 7 and before.

best,
Mike Tyson

petreestow
alignin' 24-trk

thanks

Post by petreestow » Fri Oct 19, 2007 11:01 am

i'll give that a try, thanks a lot mike!