An Audio Genius Lays It All Out...

Recording Techniques, People Skills, Gear, Recording Spaces, Computers, and DIY

Moderators: drumsound, tomb

auralman
buyin' gear

Post by auralman » Thu Oct 18, 2007 5:27 am

Believe it or not Behringer ADDA 800 converters and sometimes they do not work. You got to get a couple that work, you have got to probably go across half of United States, to get 2 of them or 3 of them to work, and there are 1-8 channels analog in, digital ADDA out to the computer, clean, it is the cleanest way to do it, there is no stuff in between, there is nothing but just clean pure ADAT, something better. It is totally clean. There is no coloration with Behringer. When you use Behringer you get one that works it will stay working, but if you get one that does not work, you have to send it back, get one until it works, that is what I did. But what happens is, this has no coloration whatsoever, has no certain distinctive sound to it, so whatever goes in is exactly what it sounds like, so I would recommend it and it is cheap, doesn't cost a whole bunch of money, it is cheap, that is your converters, I had used that, that is what I go for.

:shock: :shock: :shock:
I'm in for your mom and I'll pay.

auralman
buyin' gear

Post by auralman » Thu Oct 18, 2007 5:48 am

where is the bio stuff?

centurymantra
buyin' a studio

Post by centurymantra » Thu Oct 18, 2007 6:01 am

pwrb wrote:I haven't gotten too deep into this, but... is there a chance this could be some sort of send up? Anyone remember "Tadpole" from the Nuendo message board a few years ago?
This isn't quite as choice as the Diamond Dave guy from Belize (whatever happened to him), but it is pretty great.

I'll have to say this thought did cross my mind as well, especially when I saw the CD cover...

It includes the mega-hit "I Want a Walmart Girl" !!!! :crazy: :D

Seriously...is this for real?

Bryan
Shoeshine Recording Studio
"Pop music is sterile, country music is sterile. That's one of the reasons I keep going back to baseball" - Doug Sahm

Kindly Killer
gettin' sounds

Post by Kindly Killer » Thu Oct 18, 2007 6:04 am

If anyone had any doubts about the Prometheus of cheap gear and information delivering recording engineering to the masses, those videos should make the case.

JohnDavisNYC
ghost haunting audio students

Post by JohnDavisNYC » Thu Oct 18, 2007 6:06 am

i like to make music with music and stuff and things.

http://www.thebunkerstudio.com/

RodC
dead but not forgotten

Post by RodC » Thu Oct 18, 2007 6:18 am

Drugs can do Irreversible damage. I'm not 40 yet, but I have worked with several ppl that have already drank/drugged themself to death. Many of them exibited these same traits when you tried to have a good conversation with them. Many of them were very intellegent and realized they could not escape the addiction. Many of them had very promising lives before the drugs/drinking.

I just pray that when others see their friends go down this path they can learn from thier mistakes, and not have to make the same to learn it.
'Well, I've been to one world fair, a picnic, and a rodeo, and that's the stupidest thing I ever heard come over a set of earphones'

http://www.beyondsanityproductions.com
http://www.myspace.com/beyondsanity

JohnDavisNYC
ghost haunting audio students

Post by JohnDavisNYC » Thu Oct 18, 2007 6:21 am

i think he's just drunk.

and i don't think he was particularly smart to begin with.

or maybe he is a fucking amazing engineer.

probably not. playing metal and smoking lots of crack is probably bad for your hearing.

john
i like to make music with music and stuff and things.

http://www.thebunkerstudio.com/

auralman
buyin' gear

Post by auralman » Thu Oct 18, 2007 6:37 am

dude, that's just sad. The guy is completely and totally fried, he clearly has some loving people keeping him going. Pulling the mask off this one would just be such a bad thing to do karmically. This guy should barely be alive.

I agree this stuff is horrifically wrong, but I don't think it's a high traffic site. I'm gonna stay away from this one, feels like making fun of the down syndrome kid.

Signalflow
audio school graduate

Post by Signalflow » Thu Oct 18, 2007 8:03 am

kind of reminds me of someone I know...
"Wow, this EQ is amazing!"
"It might be more amazing if you take it out of bypass"

greatmagnet
buyin' a studio

Post by greatmagnet » Thu Oct 18, 2007 8:46 am

auralman wrote:where is the bio stuff?
Go to the Warrior website and click the "testimonials" link.
or maybe he is a fucking amazing engineer.
Listen to the sonic magic of FACE ANOTHER DAY...
http://www.iamawarrior.com/free_music_downloads.htm
...and know the analog warmth that only a Nuendo system with a Newman U87 and Behringer converters can bring. But realize that these choice Aryan components are only as good as the man behind the board.
"All energy flows in accordance with the whims of the great Magnet"
?Raoul Duke
www.greatmagnetrecording.com

pwrb
gettin' sounds

Post by pwrb » Thu Oct 18, 2007 10:58 am

auralman wrote:I agree this stuff is horrifically wrong, but I don't think it's a high traffic site. I'm gonna stay away from this one, feels like making fun of the down syndrome kid.
Now that I've sniffed around the site a bit more, I feel bad for assuming it was a gag.

-Pete

www.weissy.com

wedge
tinnitus

Post by wedge » Thu Oct 18, 2007 11:29 am

Caldo71 wrote:But realize that these choice Aryan components are only as good as the man behind the board.
Do I smell some white-supremacist leanings by Mr. Warrior?!? If so, then I would assume, as others have, that his baseline problem is stupidity... Explains why he'd recommend Behringer, even when acknowledging that they suck. Because they're made by GERMANS! As is the Neuman... What about Nuendo? Gotta check that... I smell the sound of jack boots smacking street, in rhythm...

kdarr
buyin' gear

Post by kdarr » Thu Oct 18, 2007 11:38 am

I always sort of wonder what a person's day-to-day internal though process is like when they've pickled themselves that bad. Kinda sad. This guy is obviously an 80's drug/booze casualty.

That being said, I still laughed really hard at those videos. Does that make me a bad person?

[<|>]

firby
takin' a dinner break

Post by firby » Thu Oct 18, 2007 12:21 pm

Thanks for the thread and also for the links to "complete". Best Band Ever !!!!!
I'm a bad man!

firby
takin' a dinner break

Post by firby » Thu Oct 18, 2007 1:04 pm

Check it.

Tad's not bad.

http://www.myspace.com/warriorrocks
I'm a bad man!