An Audio Genius Lays It All Out...

Recording Techniques, People Skills, Gear, Recording Spaces, Computers, and DIY

Moderators: drumsound, tomb

the velour fog
buyin' a studio

Post by the velour fog » Wed Oct 17, 2007 2:43 pm

wow! i kind of feel bad for expert village.
"Set Phasers to Extra Slow."

I'm Painting Again
zen recordist

Post by I'm Painting Again » Wed Oct 17, 2007 2:48 pm

oh man..classic!

greatmagnet
buyin' a studio

Post by greatmagnet » Wed Oct 17, 2007 2:54 pm

GodDamn wrote: his sentances have more "um"s in them than nouns for the most part.

Youve got to be trained to... youve got to get your training... you need to be triained... to hear that little kick drum.

Heh, I'm way more amused by this than is healthy :?
If you read his bio stuff you'll start to see why all the blubbering.

It's like..."I smoked a fuckload of crack, and then I found Jesus and he saved me, and then I smoked two fuckloads MORE crack, but Jesus told me he still loved me and I was so glad that I was saved that I totally repented and felt bad for all I had done, so I sat and thought about it for a while. Then the next day I went out and bought three fuckloads of crack and my friend Jesse, who also loved Jesus, asked me, do you still love Jesus?" and I said, yeah, and I feel like shit". So Jesse said, "well, he still loves YOU too". And then Jesse set me up in an apartment full of crack and crackheads, and the First Unrepentant Baptist Church of the Unclean Cystic Mass paid my rent for the first three months. So then I went to this hotel and smoked some more crack and thought about Jesus for a while and I repented again and thought about what it means to be humble and then I went out and bought twelve fuckloads of crack...."
"All energy flows in accordance with the whims of the great Magnet"
?Raoul Duke
www.greatmagnetrecording.com

GodDamn
pluggin' in mics

Post by GodDamn » Wed Oct 17, 2007 3:00 pm

Ha, I had my suspicions.

greatmagnet
buyin' a studio

Post by greatmagnet » Wed Oct 17, 2007 3:03 pm

Yeah there's all sorts of subtle Jesus poking out all over that site before you get to the hardcore stuff.

Favorite quote: " Tad submitted to several Pastors, some still very close friends."

Yeah...I'll BET he did.
"All energy flows in accordance with the whims of the great Magnet"
?Raoul Duke
www.greatmagnetrecording.com

weatherbox
re-cappin' neve

Post by weatherbox » Wed Oct 17, 2007 3:15 pm

segaface wrote:Wow, I Am A Warrior are pretty awesome. But are they as awesome as Complete? It's a tough call.

Andy

holy fuck. that's like my backwoods texas bizarro-world nightmare version of Flipper.

fossiltooth
carpal tunnel

Post by fossiltooth » Wed Oct 17, 2007 3:41 pm

My god. I feel like I'm on Staten Island.

This hurts to watch. I kind of feel bad for this guy. I think I would feel genuinely guilty for chuckling at his expense if he wasn't as cocky as he is clueless.

On the other hand, perhaps we shouldn't rip on him too hard. There's clearly something wrong with his brain. He obviously doesn't function anywhere near a normal adult level, socially or cognitively.

Part of me feels like we're throwing waterballoons at the shortbus. Not cool.

However, expert village should probably be informed.... but then again, what would they do? remove his videos? This guy would be devastated..... I don't know, I just don't know.

RodC
dead but not forgotten

Post by RodC » Wed Oct 17, 2007 4:04 pm

fossiltooth wrote:My god. I feel like I'm on Staten Island.

This hurts to watch. I kind of feel bad for this guy. I think I would feel genuinely guilty for chuckling at his expense if he wasn't as cocky as he is clueless.

On the other hand, perhaps we shouldn't rip on him too hard. There's clearly something wrong with his brain. He obviously doesn't function anywhere near a normal adult level, socially or cognitively.

Part of me feels like we're throwing waterballoons at the shortbus. Not cool.

However, expert village should probably be informed.... but then again, what would they do? remove his videos? This guy would be devastated..... I don't know, I just don't know.
I hear ya, the more I watch the more I feel the same way. He may know more than he can convey, maybe the camera amplifies his problem.
'Well, I've been to one world fair, a picnic, and a rodeo, and that's the stupidest thing I ever heard come over a set of earphones'

http://www.beyondsanityproductions.com
http://www.myspace.com/beyondsanity

wedge
tinnitus

Re: An Audio Genius Lays It All Out...

Post by wedge » Wed Oct 17, 2007 4:32 pm

Caldo71 wrote:Hey Gang,

Haven't been around for a while so sorry if I'm covering old ground here but this guy is fucking hilarious...

http://www.expertvillage.com/videos/rec ... aining.htm
http://www.expertvillage.com/videos/rec ... -tools.htm
http://www.expertvillage.com/videos/rec ... id-mic.htm
http://www.expertvillage.com/videos/rec ... phones.htm

Oh, and here's his BAND!
http://www.iamawarrior.com/
Lots of mental illnesses flying around here...

0-it-hz
buyin' gear

Post by 0-it-hz » Wed Oct 17, 2007 5:25 pm

So I know this guy isn't the sharpest watermelon in the knife dwawer... but....

Can I please see some dude with long hair sit in front of a mixer and NOT SAY KICK DRUM OR GUITAR!!!

It's like every engineer I meet is just waiting for the next rock band to roll through... there is more to life than that right? Like music other than rock and roll?
Everything louder than everything else.

jv
pushin' record

Post by jv » Wed Oct 17, 2007 5:33 pm

0-it-hz wrote:So I know this guy isn't the sharpest watermelon in the knife dwawer... but....

Can I please see some dude with long hair sit in front of a mixer and NOT SAY KICK DRUM OR GUITAR!!!

It's like every engineer I meet is just waiting for the next rock band to roll through... there is more to life than that right? Like music other than rock and roll?
Yeah, but everybody knows that if its not a kick drum or guitar, you use your Newman U87.

Colorblind
takin' a dinner break

Post by Colorblind » Wed Oct 17, 2007 6:44 pm

hah! This guy is all over the place, I love it. You just never know when you're gonna need a boom stand. Thanks.

C

pwrb
gettin' sounds

Post by pwrb » Wed Oct 17, 2007 7:25 pm

Uh, who is this "Mutton Lang" he refers to at 1:22 in the first vid?

I haven't gotten too deep into this, but... is there a chance this could be some sort of send up? Anyone remember "Tadpole" from the Nuendo message board a few years ago?

-Pete

www.weissy.com
www.verdantstudio.com

cjmnash
re-cappin' neve

Post by cjmnash » Wed Oct 17, 2007 8:49 pm

-and is it just me or does this dude remind anyone else of all the George W. parodies???

Don't mess with Texas!

;)

-chris
Owner: Welcome To 1979 Studio & Mara Machines

Mane1234
re-cappin' neve

Post by Mane1234 » Wed Oct 17, 2007 11:18 pm

OMG!!! I've been laughing so hard I'm about ready to fall over....I can't believe I've lived in Houston for 13 years and I'm just now seeing this...How am I ever going to compete against this guy? I don't even have a cool website and I never thought of putting the price tags on all my stuff for everyone to see how much my gear costs.....

Might as well just give it all away now......... :cry:
Of course I've had it in the ear before.....