Sleeper "color" EQ's

Recording Techniques, People Skills, Gear, Recording Spaces, Computers, and DIY

Moderators: drumsound, tomb

RefD
on a wing and a prayer

Post by RefD » Wed Nov 07, 2007 9:08 pm

A-Barr wrote:I thought the Bigfoot RSEQ was black-faced/7 band?

SORRY. This is not going to be another RSEQ thread!
you could always snag this instead:

sure it's less flexible and not as groovy-sounding, but it gets you into the ballpark!
?What need is there to weep over parts of life? The whole of it calls for tears.? -- Seneca

lancebug
re-cappin' neve

Post by lancebug » Wed Nov 07, 2007 9:53 pm

Smitty wrote:and three people on this board own one, but none can provide pictures or specific information. :D
There are at least a few well documented photos of the unit floating around the intrawebs.

RefD
on a wing and a prayer

Post by RefD » Thu Nov 08, 2007 12:08 am

lancebug wrote:
Smitty wrote:and three people on this board own one, but none can provide pictures or specific information. :D
There are at least a few well documented photos of the unit floating around the intrawebs.

yah, but that one is branded "Optimus" instead of "Realistic" and is therefore obviously a Decepticon plot!
?What need is there to weep over parts of life? The whole of it calls for tears.? -- Seneca

RefD
on a wing and a prayer

Post by RefD » Thu Nov 08, 2007 1:35 pm

btw, THIS is what is meant by "blackface" Realistic:

wenzel.hellgren
buyin' gear

Post by wenzel.hellgren » Thu Nov 08, 2007 1:46 pm

I've actually been looking for one of those

but I like the push button model, not the Atari switch style.

shedshrine
deaf.

Post by shedshrine » Thu Nov 08, 2007 7:05 pm

THe short lived silver-faced mercenary endorsed reissue edition that Fletcher raved about at the time.

RefD
on a wing and a prayer

Post by RefD » Thu Nov 08, 2007 9:05 pm

shedshrine wrote:THe short lived silver-faced mercenary endorsed reissue edition that Fletcher raved about at the time.
too bad it's 10 bands instead of the proper 7! :roll:

not to mention the frequency centres are in the wrong places and the Q is too sharp.

taken as its own thing, tho, it was pretty damned rad...but definitely not faithful to the original.

roygbiv
re-cappin' neve

Re: Sleeper "color" EQ's

Post by roygbiv » Sat Nov 10, 2007 10:03 am

japmn wrote:
"I sill love running things through the Tascam 424 of color and grit (favorite preamp distortion.)"
Hear hear!

You can get a really cool, somewhat unique guitar sound by REALLY overdriving the 424 - you get a fantastic "silky-smooth" distortion.

Seriously - the high-frequency distortion is bright yet not painful. Smooooth.
"Decisions by the Secretary pursuant to the authority of this Act are non-reviewable and committed to agency discretion, and may not be reviewed by any court of law or any administrative agency."

msmith
pushin' record

Post by msmith » Sat Nov 10, 2007 6:27 pm

My vote goes for the Urei graphics, specifically the 530, and the 535. Very underrated and useable. You can also pick em up for song. I mean Ive never paid more than 50 bucks for one, and they always work when I need em. Only thing is that the 530 and the 532 use a different type of fader and they usually stick up after sitting up for awhile.