Need to convert Adobe Audition sessions to PT (EDL Convert)

Recording Techniques, People Skills, Gear, Recording Spaces, Computers, and DIY

Moderators: drumsound, tomb

cities
alignin' 24-trk

Need to convert Adobe Audition sessions to PT (EDL Convert)

Post by cities » Sat Nov 10, 2007 10:08 am

I need to convert a bunch of Adobe Audition sessions to Pro Tools, and originally I was going to buy a copy of EDL Convert (www.cuibono-soft.com/Products/EDL_Conve ... t_v41.html) but it appears that they've been sold to SSL and they've discontinued their product! I called SSL and they told me that they have no firm date as to when they'll re-release the product under their own name, but that they're planning on selling it for $699 instead of Cuibono's original $249 price.

What luck!

Anyone have any ideas of how I might be able to do this? The problem is that Adobe Audition doesn't export in BWF, and it also can't consolidate tracks. The biggest problem is getting the volume envelopes from one format into the other.

What I've been doing is using the demo version of EDL Convert (which you can still download) but it's crippled and buggy so I end up having to go into the Pro Tools sessions and MANUALLY redrawing the volume envelopes. I don't need to tell you how painful that is!

Any ideas much appreciated!!

flapmaggot
takin' a dinner break

Post by flapmaggot » Sun Nov 11, 2007 9:42 pm

Maybe Audition 3.0 has this functionality? It is supposedly out right now.
The few times I looked into this I had to just make sure that the tracks all start at the beginning, So I feel your pain.

Chuck

cities
alignin' 24-trk

Post by cities » Mon Nov 12, 2007 12:42 am

Yeah, I wondered about that too -- I wasn't able to find anything on the adobe site that said one way or the other...
flapmaggot wrote:Maybe Audition 3.0 has this functionality? It is supposedly out right now.
The few times I looked into this I had to just make sure that the tracks all start at the beginning, So I feel your pain.

Chuck

JohnDavisNYC
ghost haunting audio students

Post by JohnDavisNYC » Mon Nov 12, 2007 6:57 pm

hmmm.... bounce each track solo'd?

relying on automation is one of the worst crutches of the DAW world... if the volume automation is so crucial, why not just stay in the first program? or if the automation is done, you should just print it and call it done.... i never understood keeping automation... it will never sound the same in a different program, anyway, or if it is fanned out to a console.

i would just do all zero bounces so that your important automation just becomes part of the tracks, and then approach things with a fresh perspective in the next platform.

john
i like to make music with music and stuff and things.

http://www.thebunkerstudio.com/

cvanwinkle
gimme a little kick & snare

Post by cvanwinkle » Wed Nov 14, 2007 4:31 pm

What version of Adobe Audition are you using?

This is possible.

mcsquishytooshy
gettin' sounds

Post by mcsquishytooshy » Thu Nov 15, 2007 9:58 pm

just bounce each track to that same track.
same thing as consolidating.
Yuuuuuuuuup.