Auralex or 703?

Recording Techniques, People Skills, Gear, Recording Spaces, Computers, and DIY

Moderators: drumsound, tomb

JWL
deaf.

Post by JWL » Thu Feb 07, 2008 12:46 pm

E-Rock wrote:Hey Guys,
Don't mean to de-rail, but do these designs work better than LENRDS?
Is it just a lot cheaper?
I'm moving soon, and I'm going to have to do some serious treatment to my new room. 8 ft. ceilings, pretty small rooms.
I'm gonna need some serious bass trap-age. :)
It's hard to compare these designs with LENRDs.... because these designs have MUCH more mass of absorptive material than the LENRDs do. So yes, from that point of view, they work much better in the low end than LENRDs do. In my experience LENRDs aren't big enough to have enough effect, unless you have a LOT of them in a small, bedroom-sized room (I mean, several dozen of them).

E-Rock
pushin' record

Post by E-Rock » Thu Feb 07, 2008 3:42 pm

JWL wrote:
E-Rock wrote:Hey Guys,
Don't mean to de-rail, but do these designs work better than LENRDS?
Is it just a lot cheaper?
I'm moving soon, and I'm going to have to do some serious treatment to my new room. 8 ft. ceilings, pretty small rooms.
I'm gonna need some serious bass trap-age. :)
It's hard to compare these designs with LENRDs.... because these designs have MUCH more mass of absorptive material than the LENRDs do. So yes, from that point of view, they work much better in the low end than LENRDs do. In my experience LENRDs aren't big enough to have enough effect, unless you have a LOT of them in a small, bedroom-sized room (I mean, several dozen of them).
Cool, thanks man.
I did a little digging around, and I think some Real Traps, combined with some light 'constuction' is going to be my best option.
Thanks again.