MS-16 Owners

Recording Techniques, People Skills, Gear, Recording Spaces, Computers, and DIY

Moderators: drumsound, tomb

hilltop studios
audio school graduate

MS-16 Owners

Post by hilltop studios » Tue Dec 18, 2007 6:08 am

Hi Everyone,
If some of you ms16 owners out there could lend me a little assist I would greatly appreciate it.
In the maintenance manual on page 7-11 (section 7-5-4. tape tension servo) The diagram shows four different positions (a, b, c and d) To me the "c" position appears to be straight up and down when viewing the tension roller from the top. Does everyone agree ???
On page 7-12 of the manual it state's that with each reel half full of tape put the machine in edit mode and observe the position of the tension rollers to be "near" the "c" position. Could some ms16 owners just check their machines and tell me what position their tension rollers are in. On my machine they are more in the "d" position. Am I interrupting the diagram wrong ? I can adjust R38 and R39 to bring the tension rollers to what I believe is the "c" position but then the machine hesitates to go into play mode and tape tension appears to be too light. I have a tentelometer coming that I bought off of ebay to check tension but I was hoping someone could just look at their machine and see what position the rollers are in. I don't want to go off on a wild goose chase if I don't have to. Thanks everyone ! Dave

hilltop studios
audio school graduate

Post by hilltop studios » Wed Dec 26, 2007 5:28 am

There has to be some Tascam MS16 users out there ??

lacquer_monkey
gettin' sounds

Post by lacquer_monkey » Wed Dec 26, 2007 11:20 am

Mine is like the c position. I think the d position is all the way against the stops.
uh... what??

hilltop studios
audio school graduate

Post by hilltop studios » Fri Dec 28, 2007 5:29 am

Thanks for your response ! I have adjusted mine to bring them to the c posistion and then I had to adjust the tension to compensate for repositioning the rollers. My machine is handling tape much better now. Thanks again for checking. Regards and Happy New Year, Dave