Anyone used a Chamberlain Keyboard?

Recording Techniques, People Skills, Gear, Recording Spaces, Computers, and DIY

Moderators: drumsound, tomb

cats&warriors
pluggin' in mics

Post by cats&warriors » Tue Jan 15, 2008 7:28 pm

This auction was ended a few days ago, but I haven't ever seen one on ebay before. Tom waits has a music master like this one, from what I hear. I have a mellotron MK VI with a rack that has Chamberlin flutes/Chamberlin Female voices. They do sound more vibrant/alive than some of the mellotron equivalents. I have noticed that you can really explore the tone knob with chamberlin sounds, more so than mellotron, if that makes sense. I would love to try a real chamberlin though. Definitely some of the best sounds on earth.

http://cgi.ebay.com/CHAMBERLIN-MUSIC-MA ... dZViewItem

jook
audio school

Post by jook » Mon Feb 04, 2008 7:22 pm

tonewoods wrote:I don't use computers for recording or sampling, and I wanted a stand-alone unit to replace my departed Chamberlin.
The Fusion works flawlessly for this purpose...
I just want to thank Bruce (tonewoods) for turning me on to the idea of using a Fusion as a Mellotron/Chamberlin replacement.

I got mine about 6 months ago and it does exactly what I wanted it to. I too have the Mike Pinder samples loaded. I've even imported the sounds from the M-Tron VST, so I now have the best of both worlds!

Bruce - did you get around to sampling your Optigan? I'll love to hear these or get/trade a copy of them if possible.
tonewoods wrote:The Alesis is not as charming, but it's way more reliable, and has many more voices than the 10 or so that my Chamberlin was loaded with.
I must say that the look of the Fusion was a bit out there, but it grew on me in time and after seeing it in person. The official pictures don't really do it justice.

I've thought of covering it in blonde tolex though, still pondering on the idea...