Who likes modular synths and Atari sounds?

Recording Techniques, People Skills, Gear, Recording Spaces, Computers, and DIY

Moderators: drumsound, tomb

parasitk
ass engineer

Post by parasitk » Tue Apr 15, 2008 7:49 am

Personally I don't care one bit about MIDI.

Not sure I'm totally clear on what your plan was, but to echo a couple people here, w/o 1v/Oct CV pitch inputs, it would be kind of a useless module!

Also, you might want to post about this on a couple more dedicated modular/synth forums like:

http://modularsynth.net/
and
http://www.muffwiggler.com/forum/

//Chris

joel hamilton
zen recordist

Post by joel hamilton » Mon Apr 21, 2008 7:50 am

I love the idea of this. i would buy one from you if you are planning on getting these done sometime...;)

Especially if it was as cool or cooler than the harvestman version. And that is very cool.

parasitk
ass engineer

Post by parasitk » Mon Apr 21, 2008 12:51 pm

joel hamilton wrote:Especially if it was as cool or cooler than the harvestman version. And that is very cool.
And you'd make a lot of Frac Folk happy since Harvestman has no desire to build for that format. :wink:

Skrasms
gettin' sounds

Post by Skrasms » Thu Jun 05, 2008 6:20 pm

Sorry it's been so long since there was any news on this. Since my last post a couple developments happened. First, I ran into a math issue that took a month to fix. Then, I graduated from college and my only potential job offer fell through. Since that happened I've had to ease up on this project while I search for employment. If anyone knows any audio companies that hire recent graduates in electrical engineering, I'd be grateful to hear about them.

Hopefully things will pick up again soon.

otto-bot
alignin' 24-trk

Post by otto-bot » Sat Jun 07, 2008 9:05 pm

Paul Fury 161 wrote: I too would love a SID station, but they're loads of money now ;-(

If only they built a kit for that!

This sounds like a cool project - good luck!

Cheers,

Paul
uhm...
http://www.ucapps.de/midibox_sid.html

strdsk
re-cappin' neve

Post by strdsk » Wed Jun 11, 2008 11:45 am

OK...this is all foreign to me. But...I really dig that youtube clip! Can someone explain to me what the hell is happening here...in laymen's terms please...lol...? Any sites I can visit for a synopsis of this cult following? The old Atari/Commodore 64 generated all of the sounds in that youtube clip? And one of you makes and sells these things for $250.00? Hit me on here or PM me...JD!

Skrasms
gettin' sounds

Post by Skrasms » Wed Jul 02, 2008 9:12 pm

I took a short hiatus from job hunting to work on this, convincing myself that it will make good resume fodder.

I made a very short clip today while testing/tweaking. It is just a simple beat with some keyboard noodling over the top. The module is 3 voices (in this case voice 1 playing melody and voice 2 playing drums), but I only have one MIDI-CV converter so I can't get much more complex with demos right now. The main point is to show that progress is being made :)

Download here

RefD
on a wing and a prayer

Post by RefD » Thu Jul 03, 2008 5:47 am

Pitfall 3: Disco Fever!

groovilicious
?What need is there to weep over parts of life? The whole of it calls for tears.? -- Seneca