25ms of latency...

Recording Techniques, People Skills, Gear, Recording Spaces, Computers, and DIY

Moderators: drumsound, tomb

Jeremy Garber
suffering 'studio suck'

Post by Jeremy Garber » Thu Jan 24, 2008 7:47 pm

The easiest way to see if Norton is causing your problems is to turn it off and try recording.

ASIO drivers should have been installed with your Presonus interface, though you may not have them selected in Cubase. There are probably a few different drivers you can select so you should check that under whatever options are specific to Cubase.

I'm not sure if this is the case with the Inspire, but latency settings with my Presonus Firebox are set with a separate little app that was installed for my Firebox. This is because the latency setting is set within the hardware, not the host application. In Sonar, the area that normally lets you adjust latency settings has a button instead. This button opens that app for the Firebox to adjust the latency. I also have a quick launch on my taskbar to this app.

Joe P.
alignin' 24-trk

A brief followup...

Post by Joe P. » Fri Feb 01, 2008 1:57 pm

I installed the correct matching dimm, raising my RAM to an even 2 gigs. I raised the latency to the highest setting (1.5 ms,) and all is fine. No pops or digital glitchiness at all. Thanks for the helpful responses.