I have a big problem with asio drivers in sonar 64....

Recording Techniques, People Skills, Gear, Recording Spaces, Computers, and DIY

Moderators: drumsound, tomb

BassOfSpades
audio school

I have a big problem with asio drivers in sonar 64....

Post by BassOfSpades » Wed Feb 13, 2008 5:16 pm

So I just built a 64bit recording computer with the fallowing.

Intel Q660 2.4 Quad Core
4gb DDR2 memory
Two Delta 1010lt sound cards

I have Windows 64bit and Sonar 7 with 64bit drivers for everything.

When I start up sonar it defaults to the WDM drivers so I switched it to ASIO and restart sonar. When it opens up I get this error

Audio Driver Error: The following driver(s) either do not support the current audio format, or are in use by another application.

I checked the audio settings and it has the ASIO drivers selected but everything else is grayed out and it has none of my delta information.

It works with the WDM drivers but the latency is unusable and it messes up some of my inputs.

The strange thing is that it works perfect with Reason and my demo of Ableton Live 7 which are both 32bit apps.

Any words of wisdom?

RodC
dead but not forgotten

Post by RodC » Wed Feb 13, 2008 7:29 pm

I didnt think Delta had any 64 bit drivers yet? Did you check out the cake forum? Several folks over there have went back to 32 bit because of such issues.
'Well, I've been to one world fair, a picnic, and a rodeo, and that's the stupidest thing I ever heard come over a set of earphones'

http://www.beyondsanityproductions.com
http://www.myspace.com/beyondsanity

BassOfSpades
audio school

Post by BassOfSpades » Wed Feb 13, 2008 7:56 pm

They are currently in the beta release stage. You have to check the little box on the driver page that says display beta drivers.

Perhaps I should try installing it as a 32bit application and see how things go. If I do go the 32bit route how much memory will 64bit windows be able to allocate to it?

Jeremy Garber
suffering 'studio suck'

Post by Jeremy Garber » Thu Feb 14, 2008 10:44 am

Sonar 7 is having some driver issues from what I understand. I used it to mix a song recently, but when I tried tracking with it for the first time I could not select any inputs!!! My problem seems to be an issue with Presonus stuff at the moment. Big bummer. I still have v4 installed so I can keep tracking. Hopefully there will be a patch soon.