Does rendering degrade WAV's?

Recording Techniques, People Skills, Gear, Recording Spaces, Computers, and DIY

Moderators: drumsound, tomb

trodden
on a wing and a prayer

Post by trodden » Tue Feb 26, 2008 10:24 am

thom yorke wrote:
@?,*???&? wrote:
MoreSpaceEcho wrote:whenever i render a track i save it as 32 bit float, because, well, why not? and they totally null so i've stopped worrying about it.
Spoken by someone with no understanding of what digital is. One wonders why MoreSpaceEcho bothers posting here.
I'm so high right now.
awesome.

MoreSpaceEcho
zen recordist

Post by MoreSpaceEcho » Tue Feb 26, 2008 11:30 am

Ryan Silva wrote:Alright, what the hell is going on with these guys? That's 3 posts I?ve read today in which @?,*???&? bags on everything More Space Echo says, with no apparent reason. I noticed that they joined the very same day; I smell an alter-ego here. Maybe a Jekyll and Hyde.
jeff and i really joined on the same day? that is awesome. i assure you we are not the same person. i dunno what his current problem with me is, but i do know he has yet to explain exactly what was so wrong with any of my posts.

jv
pushin' record

Post by jv » Tue Feb 26, 2008 11:49 am

MoreSpaceEcho wrote:
Ryan Silva wrote:Alright, what the hell is going on with these guys? That's 3 posts I?ve read today in which @?,*???&? bags on everything More Space Echo says, with no apparent reason. I noticed that they joined the very same day; I smell an alter-ego here. Maybe a Jekyll and Hyde.
jeff and i really joined on the same day? that is awesome. i assure you we are not the same person. i dunno what his current problem with me is, but i do know he has yet to explain exactly what was so wrong with any of my posts.
Hmm... inverseroom and trodden also joined the same day. Could it be you are all one person, and you're just here to f*ck with us?

concubine
re-cappin' neve

Post by concubine » Tue Feb 26, 2008 11:59 am

jv wrote:
MoreSpaceEcho wrote:
Hmm... inverseroom and trodden also joined the same day. Could it be you are all one person, and you're just here to f*ck with us?

you clearly have a lot of history to catch up on.

Ryan Silva
tinnitus

Post by Ryan Silva » Tue Feb 26, 2008 12:07 pm

concubine wrote:
jv wrote:
MoreSpaceEcho wrote:

Could that be the day, the Forum went live?
"Writing good songs is hard. recording is easy. "

MoreSpaceEcho

trodden
on a wing and a prayer

Post by trodden » Tue Feb 26, 2008 12:47 pm

Ryan Silva wrote:
concubine wrote:
jv wrote:
MoreSpaceEcho wrote:

way to use the noggin!

MoreSpaceEcho
zen recordist

Post by MoreSpaceEcho » Tue Feb 26, 2008 1:26 pm

hey, can one of you guys page me if robinson ever shows up to explain why i'm such an idiot? ima be out back getting high with thom yorke.

RefD
on a wing and a prayer

Post by RefD » Tue Feb 26, 2008 1:30 pm

MoreSpaceEcho wrote:hey, can one of you guys page me if robinson ever shows up to explain why i'm such an idiot? ima be out back getting high with thom yorke.
dammit, you promised you'd call me next time he flew in for some bong hits!
?What need is there to weep over parts of life? The whole of it calls for tears.? -- Seneca

trodden
on a wing and a prayer

Post by trodden » Tue Feb 26, 2008 1:59 pm

MoreSpaceEcho wrote:hey, can one of you guys page me if robinson ever shows up to explain why i'm such an idiot? ima be out back getting high with thom yorke.
my receptionist/office assistant rates are $35.00 an hour.

apropos of nothing
dead but not forgotten

Post by apropos of nothing » Tue Feb 26, 2008 2:01 pm

So on a totally different topic, I really want a dithering algorithm to help me with my songwriting. They always sound so brilliant when I play them on my system, and then when I get over to my friend's house they just sound dumb. Maybe I need to do some "clever" mastering.

MoreSpaceEcho
zen recordist

Post by MoreSpaceEcho » Tue Feb 26, 2008 2:20 pm

ok now you're just fucking with me cause i'm all high on thom yorke's primo rock star weed.

Ryan Silva
tinnitus

Post by Ryan Silva » Tue Feb 26, 2008 2:50 pm

trodden wrote:
Ryan Silva wrote:
concubine wrote:
jv wrote:
MoreSpaceEcho wrote:

way to use the noggin!
:oops: Pretty silly it took me that long to figure that one out, but I wasn't the only one.

the finger genius wrote:

In regards to @?,*???&? (jeff)
Does anyone else ever get the feeling this guy is a fictitious poster, much like the old thom yorke posts, just trying to egg us all on?
"Writing good songs is hard. recording is easy. "

MoreSpaceEcho

trodden
on a wing and a prayer

Post by trodden » Tue Feb 26, 2008 3:21 pm

Dude, Thom is for real.

RefD
on a wing and a prayer

Post by RefD » Tue Feb 26, 2008 6:17 pm

trodden wrote:Dude, Thom is for real.
he smells like garlic and stale Weetabix.
?What need is there to weep over parts of life? The whole of it calls for tears.? -- Seneca

JGriffin
zen recordist

Post by JGriffin » Tue Feb 26, 2008 9:28 pm

trodden wrote:Dude, Thom is for real.
You can tell because he only posts when Radiohead are in the studio, on tour, or taking a break between recording or touring.

You don't believe me, check the dates.
"Jeweller, you've failed. Jeweller."

"Lots of people are nostalgic for analog. I suspect they're people who never had to work with it." ? Brian Eno

All the DWLB music is at http://dwlb.bandcamp.com/