Effects pedal in my guitar? Sure, why not?

Recording Techniques, People Skills, Gear, Recording Spaces, Computers, and DIY

Moderators: drumsound, tomb

Scodiddly
genitals didn't survive the freeze

Post by Scodiddly » Wed Mar 19, 2008 4:22 pm

I had an old Guitar Player from the late 70's where Garcia talked about effects stuff. In those days he had a multi-conductor cable from the guitar, such that the effects were in a loop before the guitar volume control. He also had a bypass switch built into the guitar.

the velour fog
buyin' a studio

Re: Effects pedal in my guitar? Sure, why not?

Post by the velour fog » Thu Mar 20, 2008 8:15 am

Bueford Wilson wrote:So I acquired a free guitar from a friend in the form of a Squier Bullet. With a few guitars already, I figured I would chop this one up. I want to rewire it to have two pickups as opposed to the one humbucker. Also, I am going to be removing as small a part as possible of the body (hopefully under the pickguard) to install an effects pedal. Have any of you done this or have any words of wisdom pertaining to a pedal with small enough electronics to pull this off? EH Nano? What about wiring for battery compartment without draining the battery even when it?s not plugged in? I haven?t even decided yet what kind of effect I want in it but thought it could be a fun project. Any input would be great.
oh wow! i'm in the same boat. my friend gave me a fernandez tele, which i'm also putting effects in. I went the modboard route, actually got a pretty big order from guitarfetish for a lot of the other hardware as well. My first guitar build. i'm shooting straight from the hip and though I have all my parts in, I'm terrified of what's to come. i'm just staring at the router in the corner in horror. I know i'll end up going right through the body, or the body coming loose from the clamps and being sent out the window like a frisbee.

:lol:
"Set Phasers to Extra Slow."

the velour fog
buyin' a studio

Post by the velour fog » Thu Mar 20, 2008 8:42 am

jammybastard wrote:check this out...

http://www.mansonguitars.co.uk/Muse%20g ... ndex.htm#1

and from the most informative MuseWiki...

http://www.musewiki.org/Manson_Guitars
i've always loved that black manson guitar. fuzz factory and wah probe...that's kickass.
"Set Phasers to Extra Slow."