Synth repair in Portland, OR

Recording Techniques, People Skills, Gear, Recording Spaces, Computers, and DIY

Moderators: drumsound, tomb

syrupcore
deaf.

Synth repair in Portland, OR

Post by syrupcore » Sat Apr 05, 2008 11:11 am

My sh-101 is in need of a doctor. Anyone in portland specialize in repairing synths?

Thanks,
Will

Huntlabs
pushin' record

Post by Huntlabs » Sat Apr 05, 2008 5:28 pm

Hi Will,

Haven't seen you since the last PDX TapeOp beer night! I think you are stuck with Innersound. Although I hate them. They will take 30-50 dollars from you just to look at it and then quote you how much more it will be to fix it. They did me rotten on an old Peavy Keyboard amp. I had them take the "automatic compression" chip out of it. After the "looked at it" they said it would be $85.00 or something like that. I figured 85 minus the look at it fee and I'm already in it for the look at if fee.......

Well it was $85 plus the "Look at it" fee. Cost me $125.00 and the amp was worth about $200.00. Ouch.

John
"Add water, makes its own sauce"

www.CRACKERTONES.com

roygbiv
re-cappin' neve

Re: Synth repair in Portland, OR

Post by roygbiv » Sat Apr 05, 2008 9:00 pm

Hey PDX Dudes

Check out Brian Sours place:

http://www.soursound.com/

He's done a Farfisa and old Korg for me - nice guy, very knowledgeable, good work. He used to work at Old Towne Music, but now has his own repair shop/store.

They just moved over to a bigger place in the inner SE - you should definitely check them out.

He did very reasonable work, and did not try to rip me off, so I'm a pleased customer! Plus, he seems to really enjoy what he is doing (working with old synth's, repairing funky audio equipment, designing new stuff, etc.)
"Decisions by the Secretary pursuant to the authority of this Act are non-reviewable and committed to agency discretion, and may not be reviewed by any court of law or any administrative agency."

syrupcore
deaf.

Post by syrupcore » Sun Apr 06, 2008 1:23 pm

thanks fellers.