PR8 MOD

Recording Techniques, People Skills, Gear, Recording Spaces, Computers, and DIY

Moderators: drumsound, tomb

blackdiscoball
suffering 'studio suck'

PR8 MOD

Post by blackdiscoball » Tue Apr 29, 2008 8:50 am

Any body have one of these they have mod'ed? I remember seeing all kinds of mods for this when I bought it but I didnt pull the trigger and do it then and now Im wanting to. I searched the net but found abunch of general stuff I would really like some specifics of how its done and what people have used and how they did it. Any help or first hand experience would be great. Thanks!

LeedyGuy
tinnitus

Post by LeedyGuy » Tue Apr 29, 2008 2:27 pm

If you have a regular PR8, you are sort of out of luck since Black Lion Audio does not do mods for it anymore. The newer PR8 (PR8E I think) is still available for modding from Black Lion AFAIK.

I have an original PR8 modded that is incredibly crystal clear and super clean and sometimes overwhelmingly fast. It is not my go to pre since I have a Sytek with BB3-4, but when I run out of those I go right to the PR8 because I can really trust it.
Current band - www.myspace.com/nickafflittomusic
My music - www.myspace.com/kenadessamusic
Recording space - www.myspace.com/twinreverbsound
HOT soul music - www.enzoandthebakers.com
Freelance drum hookups available constantly

blackdiscoball
suffering 'studio suck'

Post by blackdiscoball » Wed Apr 30, 2008 5:08 am

Yeay It is the original model, I did see BLA didnt work on those which is a shame. I know thiers some DIY mods on the net but I really cant find any specifics. Thanks for review of yours though, hopefully I can have similar results if I can mod mine, maybe not as good as BLA, but hopefully better.