HELP ME GETTING MY TOPAZ!!!

Recording Techniques, People Skills, Gear, Recording Spaces, Computers, and DIY

Moderators: drumsound, tomb

RefD
on a wing and a prayer

Post by RefD » Tue May 06, 2008 7:24 am

Smitty wrote:and remember, "insured" is a relative term. when UPS executed their signature thrashing service on an old tube reel-to-reel i had shipped to me, i was informed that they would need to retake posession of the broken item and have it examined by their people to see if it was "actually damaged."

the thought of some yahoo at their local depot jamming the tubes in it randomly and plugging it in pretty much discouraged me from pursuing the claim.
shoulda informed them it was full of evaporated mercury and selenium and told them to lick it.
?What need is there to weep over parts of life? The whole of it calls for tears.? -- Seneca

trodden
on a wing and a prayer

Post by trodden » Tue May 06, 2008 9:30 am

Smitty wrote:and remember, "insured" is a relative term. when UPS executed their signature thrashing service on an old tube reel-to-reel i had shipped to me, i was informed that they would need to retake posession of the broken item and have it examined by their people to see if it was "actually damaged."

the thought of some yahoo at their local depot jamming the tubes in it randomly and plugging it in pretty much discouraged me from pursuing the claim.
Reminds me of the time I had to go down to the post office after my DAT recording showed up smashed.. My dumbass took a few bong hits before walking down there... then my stoned ass had to explain to 10 different people that "no it is not a VCR, that is why its worth so much..." 6 months later i finally got my insurance money.

lesson learned, Don't go to the post office on Broadway, in Seattle, stoned out of your gourd with a broken DAT recorder. Its just too much to handle.

>Mojave_Gary<
alignin' 24-trk

Post by >Mojave_Gary< » Tue May 06, 2008 11:38 am

*******ROAD TRIP********
What the #*%@ is that BuZzInG sOuNd ??

RefD
on a wing and a prayer

Post by RefD » Tue May 06, 2008 2:20 pm

road trips are great fun.

just don't get yourself dead in the process.

i miss going on road trips, my last one was October '99.
?What need is there to weep over parts of life? The whole of it calls for tears.? -- Seneca