DO NOT BUY FROM THE "ampwares.com" SITE!!!

Recording Techniques, People Skills, Gear, Recording Spaces, Computers, and DIY

Moderators: drumsound, tomb

meldar produxshunz
gettin' sounds

DO NOT BUY FROM THE "ampwares.com" SITE!!!

Post by meldar produxshunz » Mon May 19, 2008 1:10 pm

i made the BIG mistake of buying some replacement parts from ampwares.com. here is my brief and sad story...
ordered some replacement parts to do some work on a fender prosonic amp. found everything i needed on the ampwares site. great! ordered all the parts. received a confirmation email for the order. account was charged. one week later. no parts. called to see whats up. no answer, mailbox full. hmmm...emailed. no response. called again a few days later. no answer. left a message this time. at least he is checking his voicemail, right? 2 weeks later. no parts. called again. no answer, voicemail full. emailed sounding kind of pissed. no response. checked internet for ampwares reputation. this story is basically the same the world over, whoever this guy is, he is scamming big time. i have filed a claim. but all dude ever wanted was his amp up and running. if you are like me and hate waiting for stuff in the mail worse than anything, dont waste your time AND YOUR MONEY with ampwares.com. dont make the same mistake i made. if you have dealt with this hoax, please comment so that others may learn and avoid the pain that is internet scamming OR IS IT JUST PURE LAZINESS on ampwares behalf? is there is difference? either way it is a bad feeling...serenity now...F@CK AMPWARES!!! that felt good.
waaaaaaaam...doggy.
http://matthewmeldonguitar.com

armanbohn
gettin' sounds

Post by armanbohn » Mon May 19, 2008 1:44 pm

hey ........ anyone else have the urge to order a bunch of sh@t from ampwares?????

lg
steve albini likes it

Post by lg » Mon May 19, 2008 2:26 pm

yeah, i ordered some grill cloth from them a few years ago. got it without trouble, but a cursory look at internet chatter tells me i was probably one of a lucky few.

repeat: i will always check a source's reputation from now on...caveat emptor!

RefD
on a wing and a prayer

Post by RefD » Mon May 19, 2008 3:42 pm

that's really weird, cos i bought some parts from them back in 2005 and my order arrived within the week.

something bad must've happened to them...like they lost the will to live? :?
?What need is there to weep over parts of life? The whole of it calls for tears.? -- Seneca

???????
resurrected

Post by ??????? » Mon May 19, 2008 5:02 pm

I've heard this kind of story about them before. Sucks, because their Fender Amp Field Guide is one of the most useful references about fender amps on the net.

lg
steve albini likes it

Post by lg » Mon May 19, 2008 5:56 pm

duplicate thread alert?

RefD
on a wing and a prayer

Post by RefD » Mon May 19, 2008 6:04 pm

lg wrote:duplicate thread alert?
indeed.
?What need is there to weep over parts of life? The whole of it calls for tears.? -- Seneca

lefuquaire
gimme a little kick & snare

Post by lefuquaire » Tue May 20, 2008 3:50 pm

i have bought from them many times. sometimes it has taken several weeks for my order to be completed, but i have never been charged for anything that i did not receive. try angela instruments, mojotone or antique electronic supply.

Huntlabs
pushin' record

Post by Huntlabs » Tue May 20, 2008 8:16 pm

They are notoriously slow. The Fender Discussion Page has this subject pop up every month or so. Seems like folks usually get their stuff, just slowly.
"Add water, makes its own sauce"

www.CRACKERTONES.com

leprof31
audio school

Post by leprof31 » Sat Aug 02, 2008 10:56 am

Wrong! Many folks do not get their stuff at all!

RefD
on a wing and a prayer

Post by RefD » Sun Sep 28, 2008 7:42 pm

OP will be happy to know Ampwares is now taking a dirt nap.