Looks like Headgear Recording has one of these...

Recording Techniques, People Skills, Gear, Recording Spaces, Computers, and DIY

Moderators: drumsound, tomb

Jay Reynolds
carpal tunnel

Looks like Headgear Recording has one of these...

Post by Jay Reynolds » Tue May 27, 2008 12:18 pm

...so I wanted to see who else has a "Studio Pet". I'm sure they're more of a project studio phenomenon, but you never know.
We've got two Boston Terriers (non-matched pair). The don't live in the studio, per se, but they do live in the house that sits right above it. I'd highly recommend them for anyone looking to invest in some new "gear". They are short haired, so you won't find fur stuck the the equipment in your room, and for the most part they're quiet (except for the occasional bout of reverse-sneezing). And they're small dogs, so they're not likely to freak anyone out.
ps-That Focusrite Twintrak is next on the "Gear-to-sell" choping block. And the dbx isn't far behind.
Worst intern ever:
Sweet and tiny girl:
Last edited by Jay Reynolds on Tue May 27, 2008 2:18 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Prog out with your cog out.

Rodgre
carpal tunnel

Post by Rodgre » Tue May 27, 2008 12:25 pm

Tremolo Lounge has my Mr. Henry.

Enjoying the woodstove:

Helping me out on some vocal comping:

"What, you mean you have to put something else in this case besides me?"

By the way, I love your "not a matched pair" comment. :)

Roger

trodden
on a wing and a prayer

Post by trodden » Tue May 27, 2008 12:41 pm

I've got Asunder Duncan Robot Perrigo.

She's not "mine" (i'm her uncle) but lives with me where the studio is.. unfortunately, dudes with beards aren't her favorite.. and it seems there's always a dude with a beard in a band..

She's a Thai Ridgeback.

Smitty
tinnitus

Post by Smitty » Tue May 27, 2008 1:05 pm

trodden wrote:I've got Asunder Duncan Robot Perrigo.

She's not "mine" (i'm her uncle) but lives with me where the studio is.. unfortunately, dudes with beards aren't her favorite.. and it seems there's always a dude with a beard in a band..

She's a Thai Ridgeback.
that is the sweetest looking dog ever. is she aggressive at all?

she's not a "studio dog" persay, but my girlfriend's does enjoy chilling with me in my desk chair while i compute (or fiddle with keyboards). she's a long haired miniature daschund.

Last edited by Smitty on Tue May 27, 2008 1:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"I try to hate all my gear equally at all times to keep the balance of power in my favor." - Brad Sucks

trodden
on a wing and a prayer

Post by trodden » Tue May 27, 2008 1:11 pm

Smitty wrote:
trodden wrote:I've got Asunder Duncan Robot Perrigo.

She's a Thai Ridgeback.

that is the sweetest looking dog ever. is she aggressive at all?
yeah and no, well she can be, depending on her mood. She's really "special" and I don't think she knows she's a dog. She doesn't really seem to get along with other dogs, unless they're friends of ours or not interested in "hanging out" with her. She's very smart.. and Its annoying when I find her in the garden cause she "knows" that its off limits but does it just to get to me. They're kinda of a new breed here in the states. I don't think the american kennel club recognizes them yet. But yeah, she's a total princess and gets treated like one so that doesn't seem to help her attitude problem.

MoreSpaceEcho
zen recordist

Post by MoreSpaceEcho » Tue May 27, 2008 1:18 pm

i'm taking this studio dog thread totally off topic with a picture of the best studio cat ever, the late great Pooh:

he died shortly after last christmas, and is sorely missed, but he had a good run.

*spills 40*

Jay Reynolds
carpal tunnel

Post by Jay Reynolds » Tue May 27, 2008 2:23 pm

MoreSpaceEcho wrote:i'm taking this studio dog thread totally off topic with a picture of the best studio cat ever, the late great Pooh:

he died shortly after last christmas, and is sorely missed, but he had a good run.

*spills 40*
*edits top post to remove any semblance of species-ism*

Sorry about Pooh. Prior to Chupacabra (the big one), we had another Boston named Mame. We lost her over a year ago to a brain tumor. Not good times at all.

aitikin
suffering 'studio suck'

Post by aitikin » Tue May 27, 2008 2:42 pm

If I remember the story correctly, Pogo Studio was named after the dog...I am loving the doggie pics. She doesn't count as a studio dog as she never is around any of my gear (she sheds a bit too much). She's a samoyed lab mix, and pardon the mess, it's a long story.

"It's not a recording studio without a lava lamp"
~Mark Rubel

"Don't meddle in the affairs of a patent dragon, for thou art tasty and good with ketchup." ~ohcrapitssteve

Jay Reynolds
carpal tunnel

Post by Jay Reynolds » Tue May 27, 2008 4:36 pm

...and Chupa just tried to eat a client's sandal.
(I did try to offer to buy a new pair, but Jacob was really cool about it).

fossiltooth
carpal tunnel

Post by fossiltooth » Wed May 28, 2008 10:31 am

trodden wrote: yeah and no, well she can be, depending on her mood. She's really "special" and I don't think she knows she's a dog. She doesn't really seem to get along with other dogs, unless they're friends of ours or not interested in "hanging out" with her. She's very smart.. and Its annoying when I find her in the garden cause she "knows" that its off limits but does it just to get to me... But yeah, she's a total princess and gets treated like one so that doesn't seem to help her attitude problem.
Time to start watching some Cesar Milan, dude.

If you don't watch television, try the book "Cesar's Way".

It's pretty crucial reading for any modern human who owns a dog.

It's one of those rare things where the cheesy presentation and marketing that surrounds it masks deep truth and sheer awesomeness.
Last edited by fossiltooth on Wed May 28, 2008 11:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Jay Reynolds
carpal tunnel

Post by Jay Reynolds » Wed May 28, 2008 10:47 am

fossiltooth wrote:
trodden wrote: yeah and no, well she can be, depending on her mood. She's really "special" and I don't think she knows she's a dog. She doesn't really seem to get along with other dogs, unless they're friends of ours or not interested in "hanging out" with her. She's very smart.. and Its annoying when I find her in the garden cause she "knows" that its off limits but does it just to get to me... But yeah, she's a total princess and gets treated like one so that doesn't seem to help her attitude problem.

It's one of those rare things where the cheesy presentation and marketing that surrounds it masks deep truth and sheer awesomeness.
Back when we still had Mame, the Mrs. and I would joke about hiring Cesar to come hang out so he could tell us how awesome our dogs are. Probably wouldn't get the same review now that we have Chupa...

trodden
on a wing and a prayer

Post by trodden » Wed May 28, 2008 10:58 am

fossiltooth wrote:

ummm, you know its rude to tell people how to raise their kids?

First off, its not my dog. Its up to the "owner" not me.

Second, the owners have Cesar's book and videos and have invested in private trainers. They are good parents.

Asunder is a good dog. Just different than most dogs.

and let me add, so it doesn't seem like i'm trying to bust balls...

If she were MY dog, things would be different. Unfortunately there is at times a lack of uniform regularity with training between her and the parents, and If I were to adopt a way, different from what the owners are doing, i think it may just confuse the poor thing even more. So yeah, it comes down to who is "mom and dad" or "pack leader" which I'm up above her in pack hierarchy, but not as high as mom and dad.. probably wrestling with her and acting like a dog isn't helping. .but its fun..

Boogdish
takin' a dinner break

Post by Boogdish » Wed May 28, 2008 12:46 pm

Polka used to help me do the 2 track editing, but now she's too big.

MoreSpaceEcho
zen recordist

Post by MoreSpaceEcho » Wed May 28, 2008 1:23 pm

superaction80 wrote:Sorry about Pooh. Prior to Chupacabra (the big one), we had another Boston named Mame. We lost her over a year ago to a brain tumor. Not good times at all.
sorry about mame. pooh had a blood clot in his leg that moved to his brain, the vet said they could attempt some heroics but it would only forestall things, so mom and dad (our neighbors who share the space) pulled the plug.

it was a weep-a-rama here for sure.

but what can you do? we have a new guy named franz, who's not quite the character pooh was, but he's still a cutie AND a much better mouser. i think pooh was getting kickbacks from the mice or something...

fossiltooth
carpal tunnel

Post by fossiltooth » Wed May 28, 2008 11:37 pm

trodden wrote:
fossiltooth wrote:

ummm, you know its rude to tell people how to raise their kids?

First off, its not my dog. Its up to the "owner" not me.

Second, the owners have Cesar's book and videos and have invested in private trainers. They are good parents.

Asunder is a good dog. Just different than most dogs.

and let me add, so it doesn't seem like i'm trying to bust balls...

If she were MY dog, things would be different. Unfortunately there is at times a lack of uniform regularity with training between her and the parents, and If I were to adopt a way, different from what the owners are doing, i think it may just confuse the poor thing even more. So yeah, it comes down to who is "mom and dad" or "pack leader" which I'm up above her in pack hierarchy, but not as high as mom and dad.. probably wrestling with her and acting like a dog isn't helping. .but its fun..
Oh shit. I'm doing it again. Sorry man.

I was just trying to say that this sh*t helped me with my dog, who had similar issues to the ones you described.

I'll say it better next time...

...I promise!
Last edited by fossiltooth on Thu May 29, 2008 7:18 am, edited 1 time in total.