Those new "Classic Vibe" Squiers

Recording Techniques, People Skills, Gear, Recording Spaces, Computers, and DIY

Moderators: drumsound, tomb

j_howell
pushin' record

Post by j_howell » Tue Jan 20, 2009 7:27 pm

Hate to admit it, but the Classic Vibe pinebody Tele pretty much kicks ass. It's ridiculously good, and $300. Better than any Am Std I've played in the last dozen or so years.

I've played all of this series several times, and they seem pretty amazing, all things considered. I was least impressed with the Duo-Sonic (and it was pretty good), and most impressed with the Tele, '60s Precision, '60s Jazz, and the neck on the '60s Strat was more old-Jazzmaster like than either of the current American or Mexican JMs...really, really good. The Tele and '60s P seemed like the picks of the litter to me.

Seems like some companies (Fender and Gibson especially) often tend to only really "get it right" on the stupid cheap and stupid expensive stuff- seems to me most of the middle-of-the-road stuff has been uniformly...well, not total shit, but just kinda lifeless and unispiring.
I like pie.

Jerry_Pbury
audio school graduate

New Fender Squires

Post by Jerry_Pbury » Wed Jan 21, 2009 7:11 am

I just picked up the Jagmaster for $220! Great feel to the neck, stays in tune and the body resonance is better than anything else I own! I'm not in love with the pickups but I can replace those. It will need a setup but by raising the action a little most of the fret buzz went away. I haven't had this much fun since I bought my last 2 Danelectros! My next one is going to be the '50s Vibe Bass.

I own a lot of good American made Guitars (16) that I have bought over the last 30 years. These new Fenders are just cheap fun and great for gigs.

YMMV

Jeff White
ghost haunting audio students

Post by Jeff White » Wed Jan 21, 2009 10:58 am

I'm thinking about that bass, too.

Tax check, where are you!?!?!??!
I record, mix, and master in my Philly-based home studio, the Spacement. https://linktr.ee/ipressrecord