Business management software.

Recording Techniques, People Skills, Gear, Recording Spaces, Computers, and DIY

Moderators: drumsound, tomb

allbaldo
pushin' record

Business management software.

Post by allbaldo » Sun Jul 13, 2008 3:23 pm

I know, fun topic huh? I did a search, and was surprised at how little has been covered on this subject, so maybe it's alright to bring it up.

I want to get the business side of my studio running better. I've investigated a couple of programs for running the business end, but both I've found seemed to be a little much for my place. The one's I found (I'm a Mac user... there are some for Windows that I didn't check out) are StudioSuite 8, and Studio Ease. Neither fit the bill (ha-ha) exactly.

What, if anything are you all doing in this regard? It'd sure be nice to think there's a reasonably easy way to manage this part of the studio.

Any advice would be appreciated.

Thanks!

Stephen

John Jeffers
buyin' a studio

Post by John Jeffers » Sun Jul 13, 2008 9:29 pm

Wow, StudioSuite is hideous. It may work well, I have no idea. But man, it's fugly. I couldn't find the web site for Studio Ease.

I don't know your exact needs, but it seems like you could accomplish most of this stuff with pretty much any CRM application. Maybe look into something like Sugar. It's not geared toward any particular industry, but it might be all you need. There's a free version, which might be an option if you or someone you know is savvy with computers (and you have an old computer you might be able to use as a server).

Anyway, just a thought. There are tons of CRM apps out there. Sugar's just the first one that popped into my head.

lifeintime
gettin' sounds

Studio Management Software

Post by lifeintime » Sun Jul 20, 2008 12:49 pm

I have this up an running:

http://software.pigboatrecording.com/

Yeah, it is some work to get it up and running.
Yeah, it is a Microsoft Access database thingy.
Yeah, it works.