WAVES Renaissance VS Logic Plug-Ins???

Recording Techniques, People Skills, Gear, Recording Spaces, Computers, and DIY

Moderators: drumsound, tomb

Montevideo
gimme a little kick & snare

WAVES Renaissance VS Logic Plug-Ins???

Post by Montevideo » Wed Aug 20, 2008 9:40 am

what do you guys think?

I've been working with WAVES plugs for a while now, mostly with their Renaissance eq's and compressors.

a couple of months after switching to Logic I find myself using Apple's plugs more and more.

is it me or is there really not a huge gap in quality between these 2 sets of plug-ins? :? [/b]

rwc
resurrected

Post by rwc » Wed Aug 20, 2008 10:03 am

there is.. logic is better!

anything you can do I can do better, I can do anything better than you!

The logic compressor gives you more colors with the 5 modes in 8, their deessers are both as useful. I'm not sure if rbass has a logic equivalent though.

If I were going to suggest plugin for logic, it'd be the URS channel strip.. not the waves ren nonsense. I am glad I got that.
Real friends stab you in the front.

Oscar Wilde

Failed audio engineer & pro studio tech turned Component level motherboard repair store in New York

rwc
resurrected

Post by rwc » Wed Aug 20, 2008 10:10 am

logic is worth the $500 for space designer alone. Best digital reverb ever IMO - even if you use protools or nuendo.. just get it to process your tracks. :D
Real friends stab you in the front.

Oscar Wilde

Failed audio engineer & pro studio tech turned Component level motherboard repair store in New York

kingtoad
pushin' record

Post by kingtoad » Wed Aug 20, 2008 10:43 am

rwc wrote:logic is worth the $500 for space designer alone. Best digital reverb ever IMO - even if you use protools or nuendo.. just get it to process your tracks. :D
I love logic but I've always preferred altiverb to space designer - I don't have a copy but I often work at a studio that does. I'm told the main difference between the two is the quality of the included impulse responses rather than the plugins themselves though.

Space Designer still rocks my world, however.

playonbrother
takin' a dinner break

Post by playonbrother » Thu Aug 21, 2008 4:59 am

I used to use the Waves plugs before I got into Logic but never really went gaga over them, I mean they're cool but....

Anyway, between Logic's plugins and URS Console Strip, there's not much else I find myself needing in order to get the job done. I really am a fan of of that combination.

Al

Jeff White
ghost haunting audio students

Post by Jeff White » Thu Aug 21, 2008 8:06 am

I actually use the Waves RenComp in most of my mixes.
I record, mix, and master in my Philly-based home studio, the Spacement. https://linktr.ee/ipressrecord

GooberNumber9
tinnitus

Post by GooberNumber9 » Thu Aug 21, 2008 8:46 am

It's not just you. I even prefer the PTLE EQ III and Dynamics III over Waves stuff. The Ren comp is ok, but I don't like the controls and meter layout, and it kinda sounds TOO warm to me, like almost stuffy.

Jay Reynolds
carpal tunnel

Post by Jay Reynolds » Thu Aug 21, 2008 9:49 am

Ren DeEsser is my go-to.
And I use the RVox and RAxe sometimes.
Prog out with your cog out.