Which Interface and Midi Controller?

Recording Techniques, People Skills, Gear, Recording Spaces, Computers, and DIY

Moderators: drumsound, tomb

pskjr
gettin' sounds

Which Interface and Midi Controller?

Post by pskjr » Mon Sep 08, 2008 7:15 pm

Yo what's up. I'm currently in the process of building my own little project studio in my basement. Currently I have a 20 inch 4gb iMac, 2.66ghz, 500gb hd. I will be using Logic 8, some garage band for messing around, maybe even some Reason if I can get my hands on it. I was using just a 2 mic input interface to record vocals and acoustic guitar, but I want to start doing full band, so I'm gonna need something with atleast 8 inputs to record drums. Can anyone give me reccomendations on what works best with Macs and is compatible with Logic? and also, I'm looking at Midi Keyboard Controllers. The M-Audio Keystation 49 has caught my eye, but the only thing I don't like about it is the keys. I want something with more of an actual piano feel, not so much keyboard. So can anyone reccomend something like that between $100-200? Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thank you.

Mark Legat
gettin' sounds

Post by Mark Legat » Mon Sep 08, 2008 7:50 pm

I know this is double your price range but this thing seems like a beast. http://www.sweetwater.com/store/detail/MPK49 thats what im saving up for.
RIT 08'

analogcabin
buyin' gear

Post by analogcabin » Tue Sep 09, 2008 9:35 pm

Without any doubt...... I love the Echo AudioFire line up. I have an AudioFire 12, and I use it with Ableton Live & Logic. Sounds great and it's bullet proof. I came from a Radar rig and I have to say..... Echo has Great converters.