how borked is my amp?

Recording Techniques, People Skills, Gear, Recording Spaces, Computers, and DIY

Moderators: drumsound, tomb

Smitty
tinnitus

Post by Smitty » Mon Oct 06, 2008 8:36 pm

jessemesasavage wrote:
looks like the shaky power at the venue
Well, now you know the importance of good power conditioning. I always tell the bands I work with to have a power conditioner and an isolation transformer if they want to be completely safe in weird venues.
just to complete the picture here, there was water pouring in thorugh various holes in the ceiling of the venue. the patio door had to be sandbagged to prevent the bar from flooding. our bass player was wearing a poncho. that kind of show.

in retrospect, we're lucky only an amp got fried.
"I try to hate all my gear equally at all times to keep the balance of power in my favor." - Brad Sucks

RefD
on a wing and a prayer

Post by RefD » Mon Oct 06, 2008 8:59 pm

Smitty wrote:
jessemesasavage wrote:
looks like the shaky power at the venue
Well, now you know the importance of good power conditioning. I always tell the bands I work with to have a power conditioner and an isolation transformer if they want to be completely safe in weird venues.
just to complete the picture here, there was water pouring in thorugh various holes in the ceiling of the venue. the patio door had to be sandbagged to prevent the bar from flooding. our bass player was wearing a poncho. that kind of show.

in retrospect, we're lucky only an amp got fried.
fsck me, i would not have played under those circumstances!
?What need is there to weep over parts of life? The whole of it calls for tears.? -- Seneca

tubetapexfmr
steve albini likes it

Post by tubetapexfmr » Mon Oct 06, 2008 10:38 pm

fsck me, i would not have played under those circumstances!
Word. That sounds just a bit too dangerous. You should send the repair bill to the club.

Brian
resurrected

Post by Brian » Tue Oct 07, 2008 5:52 am

Yet another good reason to pay your union dues, that would have been spelled out in the contract.
Harumph!