Remember 3rd Eye Blind theyre asking the fans to mix

Recording Techniques, People Skills, Gear, Recording Spaces, Computers, and DIY

Moderators: drumsound, tomb

mertmo
buyin' gear

Post by mertmo » Fri Sep 19, 2008 8:18 am

OK, to be fair: Noone brought up indie rock or anything "indie" but me. Sorry folks, that was uncalled for. I am so annoyed with "indie" that apparently I'll rant at the drop of a hat. DAMNIT!, that's why I was avoiding this thread, 'cause I knew I'd go off on some stupid rant. CRAP! :(

Plus I abbreviated Third Eye Blind as "TIB"... DOH

note to self: stop posting anything resembling an opinion

chris harris
speech impediment

Post by chris harris » Fri Sep 19, 2008 8:48 am

man... I'd rather listen to Vampire Weekend, ALL weekend, than suffer through one Third Eye Blind song again. And, I fucking HATE Vampire Weekend!

I do remember some article in Rolling Stone where they asked Dave Grohl what lyric from that year that he wished he had written... he said, "Do Do Do, Do D- Do Do".

heylow
george martin

Post by heylow » Sat Sep 20, 2008 4:51 pm

cgarges wrote:Marillion did this like six years ago.

I've seen Third Eye Blind live. Get out your Autotune and Beat Detective.

Chris Garges
Charlotte, NC
Heh...

I was going to say, I hope the "fans" have Auto-Tune and Beat Detective and lots of time to spare.

On a side note, that singer dude once got all pissy with me because I said I didn't like the band James.

Good times.

Plus I have to hate on that dude because of the BS he has said about John Vanderslice and his studio.

I know, way off topic.

But yeah.

[dt]

RoyMatthews
re-cappin' neve

Post by RoyMatthews » Sat Sep 20, 2008 5:18 pm

heylow wrote: Heh...

I was going to say, I hope the "fans" have Auto-Tune and Beat Detective and lots of time to spare.
I'm sure any of the stems have been tuned and edited to death already. If not eq'd and compressed. I doubt these are really straight from 'tape'.
"If there's one ironclad rule of pop history, it's this: The monkey types Hamlet only once."

heylow
george martin

Post by heylow » Sat Sep 20, 2008 5:22 pm

RoyMatthews wrote:
heylow wrote: Heh...

I'm sure any of the stems have been tuned and edited to death already. If not eq'd and compressed. I doubt these are really straight from 'tape'.
Yeah, but if I left that up for granted I would miss a golden opportunity to say something jerky about those guys. :wink: :twisted:

[dt]