akg414
re-cappin' neve

WOW - Check Out Pro Tools 8.0

Post by akg414 » Tue Oct 07, 2008 11:58 am

- Brad

ctmsound
george martin

Post by ctmsound » Tue Oct 07, 2008 12:34 pm

Ya, it looks nice. I like that you can finally drop down all your automation settings below the waveform, that'll make editing quicker.

akg414
re-cappin' neve

Post by akg414 » Tue Oct 07, 2008 12:38 pm

Oh how I wish I could afford HD...
- Brad

JGriffin
zen recordist

Post by JGriffin » Tue Oct 07, 2008 1:19 pm

The playlists view is pretty awesome. That'll make ADR easier.
"Jeweller, you've failed. Jeweller."

"Lots of people are nostalgic for analog. I suspect they're people who never had to work with it." ? Brian Eno

All the DWLB music is at http://dwlb.bandcamp.com/

joel hamilton
zen recordist

Post by joel hamilton » Tue Oct 07, 2008 8:22 pm

It really does look awesome.
Still not gear, though... ;)

I am psyched to check this out: when it gets to 8.2 I will update.

tonejunkee
gettin' sounds

Post by tonejunkee » Tue Oct 07, 2008 10:34 pm

they should've gone straight to nine. it's just a better number - the next best is 11 - this is all i have today
Enjoy my web based guitar tuner and interactive tuning fork.

centurymantra
buyin' a studio

Post by centurymantra » Wed Oct 08, 2008 6:04 am

Just don't tell this guy how cool it is!

http://www.bubbleply.com/player.aspx?pi ... 4f096257ea

:)

Bryan
Shoeshine Recording Studio
"Pop music is sterile, country music is sterile. That's one of the reasons I keep going back to baseball" - Doug Sahm

dsw
tinnitus

Post by dsw » Wed Oct 08, 2008 12:01 pm

That's really funny.

PT8 is a huge step forward and I am always amazed at all the folks who rail and girate against what they perceive as a manipulating and evil giant that doles out little parcels to the hungry all deserving masses, cackling in delight at their toil and suffering.

Its like getting really really angry with Ford because cars don't fly. (maybe that's not the best analogy, but its the best I can do in the AM which it still is for 3 more minutes here in Portland)

I understand wanting certain features, but I don't understand the sense of entitlement that so many posters seem to have.

There's this huge outcry about Auto Delay Compensation, and I read people saying things like how could you? and just do it, and stuff like that as if coding software was like picking an apple off a tree.

Digidesign is trying hard to put out a good product and to make money doing it and I myself am very excited to use the new features when it comes out. I've tried other software and I like Pro Tools better. There I've said it.
Please don't hurt me.
"Analog smells like thrift stores. Digital smells like tiny hands from far away." - O-it-hz

musicians are fuckers, but even worse are people who like musicians, they're total fuckers.

jonathan
takin' a dinner break

Post by jonathan » Wed Oct 08, 2008 12:43 pm

dsw wrote:
That's really funny.

PT8 is a huge step forward and I am always amazed at all the folks who rail and girate against what they perceive as a manipulating and evil giant that doles out little parcels to the hungry all deserving masses, cackling in delight at their toil and suffering.

Its like getting really really angry with Ford because cars don't fly. (maybe that's not the best analogy, but its the best I can do in the AM which it still is for 3 more minutes here in Portland)

I understand wanting certain features, but I don't understand the sense of entitlement that so many posters seem to have.

There's this huge outcry about Auto Delay Compensation, and I read people saying things like how could you? and just do it, and stuff like that as if coding software was like picking an apple off a tree.

Digidesign is trying hard to put out a good product and to make money doing it and I myself am very excited to use the new features when it comes out. I've tried other software and I like Pro Tools better. There I've said it.
Please don't hurt me.
I agree 100%.

I also don't let my DAW get in the way of the music I'm recording... Though, I guess things could be a lot better??? I'm no bitch.

Brett Siler
moves faders with mind

Post by Brett Siler » Wed Oct 08, 2008 1:02 pm

dsw wrote:There's this huge outcry about Auto Delay Compensation, and I read people saying things like how could you? and just do it,.
That is all I really want. I really don't care about the other features added. I just want this.

dsw
tinnitus

Post by dsw » Thu Oct 09, 2008 10:58 am

Well, they have said over and over they're working on it.
I want an electric truck that will haul my upright, amp, small PA and one or two friends to a gig in the next town, so I can quit buying gas.
ADC will not change my life much, so I guess that's why I'm not jumping up and down with clenched fists like so many I have read in that last few days.
"Analog smells like thrift stores. Digital smells like tiny hands from far away." - O-it-hz

musicians are fuckers, but even worse are people who like musicians, they're total fuckers.

dsw
tinnitus

Post by dsw » Thu Oct 09, 2008 11:04 am

Though, I guess things could be a lot better??? I'm no bitch.
Gosh, things are WAY WAY better.

The sound quality and ease of editing and creatively effecting the music is WAY WAY cheaper and better. It gets better every day.

People on the internet just love to complain. (not pointing any fingers here, just a general observation)

ctmsound
george martin

Post by ctmsound » Thu Oct 09, 2008 11:22 am

InvalidInk wrote:
dsw wrote:There's this huge outcry about Auto Delay Compensation, and I read people saying things like how could you? and just do it,.
That is all I really want. I really don't care about the other features added. I just want this.
They're the only software out there that doesn't have it. Nuendo, cubase, logic. Even PT HD has it. Probably why people are complaining.

palinilap
buyin' gear

Post by palinilap » Sat Oct 11, 2008 3:21 pm

dsw wrote:
That's really funny.

Please don't hurt me.
If auto delay compensation was truly just a coding issue for digi than it would be forgivable, but I'm one of the conspiracy theorists that think it's intentionally left out to encourage the upgrade to HD. That said, said I'm a happy M-Powered user and make due just fine without delay compensation.

Russian Recording
re-cappin' neve

Post by Russian Recording » Sat Oct 11, 2008 5:15 pm

InvalidInk wrote:
uh, every time i've used this program it has gotten in the way. i can talk lots of shit, in the way that some posters seem to get annoyed about... but not as annoyed as I get from thinking about how painful recording is with this piece of overpriced and ultra proprietary software. every protools user that has seen me use samplitude is totally speechless. the discovery of samplitude has been the most integral and beneficial improvement to my recording workflow.

beep