New Massey plug in... free to registered users.

Recording Techniques, People Skills, Gear, Recording Spaces, Computers, and DIY

Moderators: drumsound, tomb

allbaldo
pushin' record

New Massey plug in... free to registered users.

Post by allbaldo » Wed Nov 12, 2008 5:22 pm

Maybe everyone knows, but I hadn't seen it mentioned so...

Steve Massey just put up a free plug in for registered users called DTM (Drums To Midi). It's an audio suite plugin that analyzes drum tracks, and creates a midi file of the hits.

If you already own one of his plugins, and you log into the user area, you'll find a button that says DTM - Request Registration.

I haven't gotten try it yet, but I love the idea.

Long live Massey.

skiltrip
gimme a little kick & snare

Post by skiltrip » Mon Nov 17, 2008 7:59 am

Thanks for the tip Stephen!

roscoenyc
carpal tunnel

Post by roscoenyc » Fri Jul 24, 2009 11:32 am

Finally got around to needing/using this thing.

Pretty fantastic. You have to e-mail Stephen for the key.

There 3 really good tutorials on using it on youtube.

If you are a Massey user you ought to get it.

charlievela
gettin' sounds

Post by charlievela » Wed Sep 23, 2009 3:49 pm

So I bought Tape-Head in '08 and loved it. I JUST FOUND OUT that DTM even existed. And when I went to massey's site full of giddy excitement, I found out he's not offering it anymore. Does anybody know when he took it down? Or if there's even a slight chance of it being offered again.

Seriously considering how often i get requests for samples under the drums this looks like a miracle. I may be able to stop my carpal tunnel in its tracks if i don't have to tab to transient any more.

Any info would be greatly appreciated.

-Charlie

theposterkid
gettin' sounds

Post by theposterkid » Wed Sep 23, 2009 10:41 pm

charlievela wrote:So I bought Tape-Head in '08 and loved it. I JUST FOUND OUT that DTM even existed. And when I went to massey's site full of giddy excitement, I found out he's not offering it anymore. Does anybody know when he took it down? Or if there's even a slight chance of it being offered again.

Seriously considering how often i get requests for samples under the drums this looks like a miracle. I may be able to stop my carpal tunnel in its tracks if i don't have to tab to transient any more.

Any info would be greatly appreciated.

-Charlie
ha! Hey Charlie! Funny to read a random post, and see that it was you... why don't you try Drumagog or something?

chuckfurok
steve albini likes it

Post by chuckfurok » Wed Sep 23, 2009 11:14 pm

When I log into the user area there is a link to the DTM.

L-ROX
alignin' 24-trk

Post by L-ROX » Thu Sep 24, 2009 12:32 am

Thanks for the heads up! If you already have something like Sound Replacer, would this still be something to look into? I would imagine that with a midi file, you could then load up something like Battery and change the drum kit; am I missing other possibilities with this?

charlievela
gettin' sounds

Post by charlievela » Thu Sep 24, 2009 6:31 am

Well, I emailed Steven. I'm hoping that since i bought TapeHead while DTM was being offered I still might be eligible for DTM. Fingers crossed.

Hey Andrew,
Good to see you on here. I've demo'd drumagog and sound replacer, but I think i owe it to myself to try any find the tool that suits me best. I was checking out videos for DTM on you tube and it looked incredibly straightforward and pleasant to use.
I would imagine that with a midi file, you could then load up something like Battery and change the drum kit; am I missing other possibilities with this?
Yeah, that's exactly what you can do with it, you can even use digidesign's built in sampler loaded with your own drum samples!
When I log into the user area there is a link to the DTM.
Really? That is encouraging since it may mean that it just isn't available to "new" customers, and since i'm not a new customer..... (fingers crossed)