"Modern" Punk Rock Drum Sound

Recording Techniques, People Skills, Gear, Recording Spaces, Computers, and DIY

Moderators: drumsound, tomb

tomberdude
pushin' record

Post by tomberdude » Wed Feb 11, 2009 7:04 am

Ouch guys, your making it sting a little. Here's a bit of "modern punk drum" awesomeness-

Strung Out - Blackhawks Over Los Angeles - Fat Wreck - Matt Hyde
A Wilhelm Scream - Career Suicide - Nitro - Bill Stevenson
Refused - The Shape Of Punk To Come - Epitaph - Eskil L?vstr?m/Andreas Nilsson/Pelle Henricsson
Bad Religion - The Empire Strikes First - Epitaph - Joe Barresi
Strike Anywhere - Exit English - Jade Tree - Brian McTernan

Haha, Toxic Reasons... I've had the hilarious pleasure sharing the stage and drinking with those guys on a few occasions, as well as their drummer's solo project The JJ Pearson Experience. He took quite a liking to our merch-girl. His pick-up line was a very slurred "I've known NOFX since they poopied in their diapers." Quite a character.

Word To Your Mother.:lol:

-rl

Brett Siler
moves faders with mind

Post by Brett Siler » Thu Feb 12, 2009 8:57 am

Destroy Big Brother wrote: Refused - The Shape Of Punk To Come - Epitaph - Eskil L?vstr?m/Andreas Nilsson/Pelle Henricsson
I will most definitely agree with you here. That album sounds fucking awesome. From what I remember though the drums have some what of an open sound to them. Either way this album kicks ass, songs and recording.

tomberdude
pushin' record

Post by tomberdude » Fri Feb 13, 2009 3:44 am

InvalidInk wrote:
Destroy Big Brother wrote: Refused - The Shape Of Punk To Come - Epitaph - Eskil L?vstr?m/Andreas Nilsson/Pelle Henricsson
I will most definitely agree with you here. That album sounds fucking awesome. From what I remember though the drums have some what of an open sound to them. Either way this album kicks ass, songs and recording.
right on. i've been trying to reverse engineer those drums, or anything on The Shape for that matter, since i got into recording. not even to replicate, just to know. genius those crazy swedes...