ADC Patchbays

Recording Techniques, People Skills, Gear, Recording Spaces, Computers, and DIY

Moderators: drumsound, tomb

Jeff White
ghost haunting audio students

ADC Patchbays

Post by Jeff White » Sun Nov 23, 2008 5:11 pm

My friend who I haven't seen in a year just came over to my new house last night and GAVE ME two ADC patchbays. One is 24 channel and 1/4" and the other is 48 channel bamtam. Both are ADC brand, both are wired to another plate that I am assuming goes at the back of a broadcast rack.

The story regarding why they are free to me is that Fox in NYC was moving studios and just threw them in the trash. Amazing, as well as fair and balanced.

I have no idea what they are worth. Don't know which models they are. I'll post pics if anyone can help. One was brand new in the box, the other was racked up and pulled out. Looks brand new, though is a little dusty and has the old cable still hooked up that needs to be removed.

Anyone have any idea how nice these are or what they are worth? They are broadcast-quality, possibly studio quality. One site had a bamtam ADC going for $1300 new or something like. Since I don't need patchbays (mostly in the box, some outboard), I'd be willing to sell them for cash towards a lunchbox and a channel or two of API or something 500 series.

Jeff
I record, mix, and master in my Philly-based home studio, the Spacement. https://linktr.ee/ipressrecord

ckeene
suffering 'studio suck'

Re: ADC Patchbays

Post by ckeene » Sun Nov 23, 2008 7:30 pm

ipressrecord wrote:My friend who I haven't seen in a year just came over to my new house last night and GAVE ME two ADC patchbays. One is 24 channel and 1/4" and the other is 48 channel bamtam. Both are ADC brand, both are wired to another plate that I am assuming goes at the back of a broadcast rack.

The story regarding why they are free to me is that Fox in NYC was moving studios and just threw them in the trash. Amazing, as well as fair and balanced.

I have no idea what they are worth. Don't know which models they are. I'll post pics if anyone can help. One was brand new in the box, the other was racked up and pulled out. Looks brand new, though is a little dusty and has the old cable still hooked up that needs to be removed.

Anyone have any idea how nice these are or what they are worth? They are broadcast-quality, possibly studio quality. One site had a bamtam ADC going for $1300 new or something like. Since I don't need patchbays (mostly in the box, some outboard), I'd be willing to sell them for cash towards a lunchbox and a channel or two of API or something 500 series.

Jeff
Check out the Mr Patchbay site
http://home.flash.net/~motodata/patchbays/

He has a lot of ADC stuff in varying degrees of newness and it might give you an idea of what various models are going for.

-chris

Jeff White

Post by Jeff White » Mon Nov 24, 2008 9:22 am

Thanks. I need to figure out which models I have. Will do today and post some pics.

Jeff
I record, mix, and master in my Philly-based home studio, the Spacement. https://linktr.ee/ipressrecord

psinglet
takin' a dinner break

Post by psinglet » Tue Nov 25, 2008 1:11 pm

If it is like the one I saw a while back, the secondary plate may be designed to connect to the bay using a telephone punch tool. If using the right cable, no soldering is needed to set up the bay.

Jeff White

Post by Jeff White » Tue Nov 25, 2008 11:18 pm

Both of them are like that. And I'm selling them for API $$$.

Jeff