Adding Lundahl 2913 to my Nady RSM-2

Recording Techniques, People Skills, Gear, Recording Spaces, Computers, and DIY

Moderators: drumsound, tomb

brokenarrow
audio school graduate

Adding Lundahl 2913 to my Nady RSM-2

Post by brokenarrow » Sat Dec 27, 2008 11:43 am

I have purchased a Lundhall 2913 transformer for my Nady RSM-2 ribbon mic that I am modding. The circuit board on the Lundahl has solder points on the top marked ribbon + & - and the typ 3(-) 2(+) 1(Gnd) on the bottom for the XLRoutput. The Nady ribbon motor has red leads from the top posts and green leads from the bottom posts. I am assuming the red is POS and Green is Neg but don't want to chance anything. Can anyone tell me if this is the case?

Thanks in advance

Mike
Broken Arrow Studio
Analogue & Digital
Fall Guys SoundClick
"I'm a Pisces fish and the river runs through my soul" G. Harrison 2001 <'{{{}}}><

substitute
pushin' record

Post by substitute » Sun Dec 28, 2008 7:05 am

For what it's worth, it's just an audio transformer, so if you do it wrong you're not going to blow anything up. Maybe try hitting up some one that did the austin ribbon mic, think it can use the same tranny.

rickshawrecords
pluggin' in mics

Post by rickshawrecords » Sun Dec 28, 2008 7:25 am

substitute wrote:Maybe try hitting up some one that did the austin ribbon mic, think it can use the same tranny.
As someone who designed the DIY Austin Ribbon Mic, I can tell you that I use the top leads as + (Pos) and the bottom as - (Neg).

- Rickshaw
Complete DIY Ribbon Mic Plans & Kits available from:
http://www.DIYRibbonMic.com

substitute
pushin' record

Post by substitute » Sun Dec 28, 2008 7:33 am

Damb Rickshaw! Does a bat signal light up if some one uses "austin" and "ribbon" in the same sentence? :D

rickshawrecords
pluggin' in mics

Post by rickshawrecords » Tue Dec 30, 2008 5:28 pm

substitute wrote:Damb Rickshaw! Does a bat signal light up if some one uses "austin" and "ribbon" in the same sentence? :D
LOL. But, no. I only haunt the DIY section of TOMB, and only once or twice a month.
I got a a few unsolicited orders over the past 2 weeks, so whenever that happens, I check the boards to see who might need help.

I hope my efforts are coming off more like a super hero, than a commercial... I'm hardly making the rent selling a few sets of $10 plans every month! :)

- Rickshaw
Complete DIY Ribbon Mic Plans & Kits available from:
http://www.DIYRibbonMic.com

Peterson Goodwyn
pushin' record

Post by Peterson Goodwyn » Wed Jan 21, 2009 8:52 am

Mike,

Just curious to know how the new transformer worked out for you. I just bought a pair of RSM-2s from Mr. Garges and I'm thinking of replacing the trannies.

Peterson Goodwyn
pushin' record

Post by Peterson Goodwyn » Wed Jan 28, 2009 10:13 pm

Has anyone else replaced the transformer in their RSM-2 (TapeOp or otherwise) with good results?