Why does Event have such terrible customer service?

Recording Techniques, People Skills, Gear, Recording Spaces, Computers, and DIY

Moderators: drumsound, tomb

LifeGoesOff
gimme a little kick & snare

Why does Event have such terrible customer service?

Post by LifeGoesOff » Mon Jan 05, 2009 10:48 am

I blew a tweeter last month in one of my ASP8's and I can't for the life of me find a replacement. I tried contacting Event's customer support email and it just came back to me saying the recipient didn't exist. Now their site is just a speaker spinning in space....there's no click-through or text saying ANYTHING.

Does anyone know of a place where I can get a replacement? I would imagine someone still has a few of these floating around somewhere.

Studiodawg
takin' a dinner break

Post by Studiodawg » Mon Jan 05, 2009 12:07 pm

Try calling 805-566-7777

cleantone
takin' a dinner break

Post by cleantone » Mon Jan 05, 2009 5:25 pm

I had an issue with an ASP6 and they bent over backward working with me to get it fixed. Above and beyond. I'm sure once you get to talk to someone they will take care of you. All the best of luck to you.

casey campbell
buyin' a studio

Post by casey campbell » Mon Jan 05, 2009 7:43 pm

yeah, i've had similar experiences, although ive never had a problem per se, i just had a question, and they answered me right away. event makes the best bang for the buck monitor... i mixed on a pair of ps6's for years, and then purchased some tr-8's which i think are outstanding...smooth on the ears for long mixing sessions and very accurate. mixes translate well every where.

ctmsound
george martin

Post by ctmsound » Mon Jan 05, 2009 9:48 pm

Event is now owned by Rode microphones. Give Rode a call, I'm sure they're direct you in the right place.

percussion boy
carpal tunnel

Post by percussion boy » Tue Jan 06, 2009 11:43 pm

cleantone wrote:I'm sure once you get to talk to someone they will take care of you. All the best of luck to you.
+1

I had no problem buying a replacement tweeter from Event for a 20-20. It wasn't expensive.

Unless the company is coming unglued somehow, you will probably have no problem once you make contact.
"The world don't need no more songs." - Bob Dylan

"Why does the Creator send me such knuckleheads?" - Sun Ra